5

zayn runs his fingers through his hair one last time before knocking on harry's door. he got it trimmed and bleached, by ashton, after dropping bella off. he wasn't so sure about it, but ashton said it looked good, so he'll take ashton for his word. the door opens and reveals harry.

"i— y-you look beautiful," zayn shyly stutters, with wide eyes. and, harry truly does look beautiful— even that is an understatement.

"um, thank you, z. you, um, do too. your— your hair looks great," harry compliments. a small smile on his lips.

"so, um, shall we go?" zayn asks, ignoring harry's compliment. he doesn't do well with them.

"of course, of course." harry steps outside and shuts the door. "what have you got planned?"

"just— we're going— um, just— you'll see," zayn stumbles over his words. "um, how did your day go?"

"can i drive, oh my god, please say yes?" harry asks with wide eyes, staring at the car in front of them.

"yeah, okay, you can."

"is that your car? are you like rich?" harry 'whispers'.

"it's cal's. his father is rich rich," zayn whispers back. "he actually paid—" zayn cuts himself off, harry doesn't need to know this.

"don't tell me he paid for this date," harry laughs.

"no! no, he didn't. i'm paying for it. by myself. 'cause i can afford stuff. i really can!" zayn is quick to defend himself. just because his friend is rich, does not mean he'll make calum pay for everything.

"alright, calm down, zee. i was joking. i know you can," the older boy reassures.

"i knew that," zayn mumbles, blushing, because he did in fact not know that. harry laughs again, and shakes his head. the two of them get in the car, and harry starts it.

"tell me about them," he says. "your friends, i mean. i've only really spoken to niall, i don't know the other boys."

"i've known them forever. or well, since we were like three. all five of them moved to bradford, 'round the same time. we lived in the same street, we went to the same school, we were in the same clubs, so we were bound to be friends. i think our parents planned it actually, but they'll never admit it."

harry feels captivated by the way zayn speaks. the way he doesn't talk really fast, nor slow, and he takes the time to think about what he's going to say. harry loves that. it's nice to listen to zayn talk.

"what are they like?" harry asks.

"you're just asking questions to befriend calum, aren't you?" zayn teases.

"of course, i need a rich friend too."

"go find another one. cal's my rich friend."

"oh?"

"oh."

"shut up, just answer my question, ass," harry laughs. "i— i'm driving, zayn, and i don't know where to go."

"d'you know that village? the one with the huge apple tree?" zayn asks and harry nods. "we're going to that village."

"i've never really been there before," harry says.