Chapter 1: Pain

" Aa...arya?....Nahi!...Br..brahman devta..Nahiii!..uh...s..swaami?..nahi!..Aryaputra? Rajkumar?......ughhhhhh!!!"
Yagyaseni Panchali, the most radiant, beautiful and confident of women found herself stuttering so badly, she was ashamed. What the hell was wrong! Well apart from the fact that she didn't know how to address her.... betrothed?

She wanted to laugh owing to the ruckus going on in her life. She didn't know her own future, let alone what it had in store for her. As of the previous night, she was dreaming of getting married to a certain archer whose praises she'd heard from all of her daasis and others in Panchal. Who could change destiny, though?

Govind, her sakha, her guide had told her that whatever happened was pre-destinied and always had a reason behind it. Mortals may not understand the almighty's planning but it would all fall in place in the end. Being a firm believer of god, being Agnisuta herself Draupadi had decided to accept her fate wholeheartedly. And also her husband. The one god had chosen for her. She had to forget all that happened previously. She had to forget Arjun.

The majestic figure sitting at a distance looked up at Draupadi, & she was sure she'd lost her voice. Molten copper hued eyes bore into her for a fraction of a second before lowering, as if in shame. The most stunning eyes she'd ever seen in her short life till now.

He was probably the most handsome man she'd seen. Even though clad in the plain garb of a hermit, he looked every bit of the royal crown prince of Hastinapur that he was.

Dharmaraj's well built lion like body, fair golden toned skin and wide coppery eyes was more than capable of capturing the heart of any maiden in the whole of Aryavart. Somehow, Draupadi felt he was unaware of the same. This was the first time she had seen him properly. Previously being focused on Arjun, she'd not exactly taken out the time to.

Yudhishtir, being a skilled warrior was alert and had already seen the beautiful Princess of Panchal approaching, and fumble to address him. Even if he hadn't, the tantalising fragrance of blue lotuses from the lovely Yojangandha herself was proof enough of her presence.
Had it been a different situation, he would have probably chuckled at how adorable she looked with that confused pout as she tried out different ways to address him. But right now he was way too troubled to laugh.

D: R.. Rajkumar?
She decided finally, trying to call him again.
Y: J..ji Rajkumari...?
Came the hesitant reply in a masculine husky whisper. His voice smooth, soothing and gentle yet so manly. His voice caused Draupadi to come out of her thoughts.

Finally taking a deep breath, Draupadi spoke out.
D: Ji...uh...
It was as if her voice was lost.
God! Not again! She bit her lip, her cheeks turning the shade of beautiful roses at dawn as she walked closer to stand near him, still maintaining some distance. She had always been poised, graceful and confident. However, she was beginning to doubt it seeing her current state, unable to even talk to the man she would spend her life with. Here she was stammering before him.

Y: Main aapki kya sewa kar sakta hoon, Rajkumari? ( How may I help you Princess?)
Came the ever calm and polite question of the righteous Dharmaraj, as he looked up at her partially veiled face.

She was devoid of any jewellery or rich fabrics, but even in those simple commoner clothes, he wondered how she still managed to look like a celestial being, far too stunning to belong to this earth.

D: Ji...voh...main....haan...uh..Pr..Pranipat kehna bhool gayi thi......iss kaaran...uh..Pranipat!!!

Wow, just wow! Seriously, forgot to say Pranipat?
Goddamit Panchali! What is wrong with you today? Draupadi thought to herself, scrunching her eyes. What must Rajkumar Yudhishtir think??? It wasn't easy for her, things had been uneasy since she had come to the Pandava's home in the forest. She wanted to say so much, but had no idea how she could approach Dharmaraj Yudhishtir.