Chapter 3

Walking back the pair passed the wreckage of the shrine. Y/N Paused, staring "Something up?" the bunny asked.

"Uh yeah, mind if I go check something out?" he asked, his head locked on the wreckage "Promise I wont get caught" and before she could even answer he ran off into the wreckage.

"oh uh-hey!" she sighed watching him run off, as he reached the fallen trees his body shrunk and formed into a brown fox, disappearing into the wreckage. "This is starting to feel like a mistake" she muttered under her breath. And only a moment later she heard a yelp from one of the workers, and shortly after the fox returned with two small pouches in its mouth. 

"Okay" he said as he changed back, putting the pouches in his pocket one was jingling around while the other was deathly silent. 

"You didn't just steal did you?" she said shocked?

"What? no, these are just offerings people leave some times" he patted the pocket "Figured I might need to actually use them"

"And the other one?" She raised an eyebrow 

"Just a memento of an old friend" she shook her head as they walked back. 

"So...here it is" she stopped in front of her agency, her living area took up the upper levels. She unlocked the door and and flicked on the lights "Thankfully, I'm off today" she sighed 

"Nice" he strode past her and through the door into the agency building, "Hmm, this seems...weird, human houses really have changed a lot in the past millennia or two" he said curiously as he explored her office, a light bounce in his step. 

"My 'house' is upstairs, but yes things have changed a lot since then" she notes with a small chuckle, smiling at his excitement. 

"Oh, fancy" he smiles, and he quickly shifts into the form of a small brown fox, bounding up the stairs, over tables and chairs.

"Hey! Do NOT get your paws on my damn couch!" she shouts as she runs after him, finding him back as a human, looking around the main room of her apartment.

"Where do I cook something anyway?" 

"Oh right, you probably don't know how a stove works" She sighs and walks over to the kitchen. And with some effort she explains it all. 

"Okay okay, take a seat, and I will whip up something great, Kitsune are spirits of creation, AND fire" he smiles, creating a small flame on his finger before using it to light the stove. As he does Rumi takes a seat on her couch, still keeping an eye on him as he cooks, curious as to what he's even making anyway.

Watching him was rather interesting, after some rather brief confusion he seemed to quickly put together what each pan is or what the fridge is. Soon enough he approaches her on the couch, holding a plastic wrapped chicken breast. "What is this? it appears to be meat but it has some bizarre skin over it," he pokes the meat curiously.

"Hmm? That's just chicken breast, its just wrapped in plastic, you just got to cut it out of the plastic" she shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why would you wrap it in...plastic? Why not just keep it in the chicken until you need it?"

She chuckled at the concept, "cause you think I could own chicken in this?" she motions to the small apartment they're in "Most people can't, so instead we have big farms that grow tons and tons of chickens, they package the meat and ship it off around the world".

"Hmm, alright, seems like an odd concept," he walked back over to the stove, and got back to cooking. Quickly her small apartment was filled with the smell of sweet teriyaki, and savory stir fried chicken. 

"That smells good, what did you put together anyway?" she turns to look to the kitchen as he is plating up whatever he had cooked. 

"You didn't have much but I managed to put together some stir-fried noodles and chicken" he smiled proudly as he brought the plates over to the coffee table in front of the couch.

"It smell's very good Y/N-" she leans forward and grabs the plate, bringing it to her mouth to try the food "-ooh, it tashs good foo!" she said with a full mouth as her eyes lit up.

"I'm glad you like it" he smiled proudly before his body shrunk down and shifted to the shape of a fox. 

"What are you doing?" she watched him with a bit of hesitation and nervousness. 

"I find it more comfortable to eat like this personally, its my more natural form, " he turns his muzzle to the food.

"huh..." she paused for a moment, unsure if it was seeing a fox on the table or that it was talking with a normal human voice that was weird. But she knew, truly that she would have to just get used to this weirdness, but how weird things would get? She could never know.