2.02

S2, E2

S2, E2

The next morning, Madeline shut her car, walking to the front of the hospital. There, she saw Derek standing, waiting for her.

"Stop." She warned.

"What?" He let out.

"You're stalking me. Stop it." She repeated, raising a brow, as she simply kept walking past him.

"Did we not communicate last night?" He furrowed his brows, in confusion. "Did you hear what I was saying?"

"Your wife screwed your best friends, I did." She summarized, with a hum.

"And then, from that point on, she no longer existed to me anymore. Come on, I bared my soul to you last night." He pleaded, as they walked into the building.

"It's not enough." She shook her head, readjusting her bag on her shoulder.

"How can that not be enough?"

"When you waited two months to tell me. When I told you about my mother, and you said nothing. When I asked about you past, and you said nothing. And then I was publicly humiliated when I found out by Addison showing up and telling me herself." She explained, clearly angry. She stopped walking, moving closer to the man, when she whispered. "I promised myself I wouldn't do relationships. I'd do one night stands, maybe friends with benefits, but that was all. And then you showed up all McDreamy, with your stupid McDreamy hair, and your stupid McDreamy flirting, and you lied to my face. So no, it's not nearly enough."

——

"So I'll stabilize his spine before you go in." Madeline told Bailey, the two being on a case.

"Dr. Blake, may I speak with you for a moment?" Addison requested, waiting down the hall.

"Don't look at me for help." Bailey muttered, as the older woman shot her an aggravated look.

Joining the redhead down the hallway, the brunette questioned. "Can I help you, Dr. Shepherd?"

"I assume he told you why he left me?" The woman questioned.

"Dr. Shepherd, with all due respect, this has nothing to do with me. It's not my problem, not anymore." She shook her head.

"Really? So you didn't take him back? Good girl." She assessed, impressed.

"He still lied." Madeline shrugged, beginning to walk away. "But, in the future, our relationship should be strictly professional."

"Madeline." She called out. "Sometimes people do desperate things to get someone's attention. There are two sides to every story."