Prologue

Sophie's POV:

Sophie held tight to the School Master's cape, turns out her parents, Grady and Edaline, were right, she had been chosen. Her step cousin Dex was gripping to her arm, screaming as they raced through the trees at God knows how many miles per hour. He had also been chosen, alongside the ghastly Stina Heks, and her almost as horrible friend, Maruca Chebota who were slung over the School Master's left shoulder. 4 children taken this year, normally it was only 2.

Every 4 years the School Master came to Gavaldon to take away 1 good child and 1 evil child to go to the School for Good and Evil, Sophie hadn't believed what the village people told her until now, but as she was being raced through the forest, that none of the village people had ever been able to get through, it was hard to deny this was happening.

The trees became more sparse, and the hooded figure made his way into a clearing, before slinging Sophie, a screaming Dex, a smirking Stina, and a terrified Maruca onto 4 different big angry bird like creatures. Before anyone could react, the birds were in the air, and they were soaring towards their future...

//I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OR SETTINGS OF THIS STORY, ALL RESERVATIONS GO TO SOMAN CHAINANI, AUTHOR OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL SERIES, AND SHANNON MESSENGER, AUTHOR OF THE KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES SERIES//

Hey people, you somehow made it to my fanfiction! Welcome! This is just the prologue, so don't worry, future chapters will be longer (chapter 1 is already out and it is 2195 words) so I wouldn't fear. This is just setting the scene. Now, I shall allow you to carry on reading, as I would hate to deter you from this story with my boring notes. Thank you for reading! <3
~Emily

Word count : 319