Chapter 1- Traitor with news

"Julie, can you have your meals from Aunt Sarah's place while returning from school for the next week," questioned her mom in a loud voice as she packed her documents in a huge suitcase along with the travel tickets.

"Sure mom," Julie whispered in a soft voice. In a hesitant broken tone, she continued, "How long is your business trip mommy ?"

A few tears rolled down Julie's eyes at the thought of her mom leaving the town.

"It's okay Julie. You are a strong and brave girl, after all your daddy would be here to look after you," she said with a strained smile grazing her face.

Both the mother and daughter were familiar with Julie's abuse when left alone in the house. Though Janet wishes to save her daughter from the abuse, she knew it was either herself or her daughter who had to go through it on a daily basis. And as selfish as it sounds, Janet didn't like to be on the receiving end of the abuse.

"Mommy, I don't like daddy," whispered the thirteen-year-old girl.

Janet kneeled in front of Julie with a strict expression on her face, "Where have your manners disappeared Julie? Haven't I taught you to be grateful for what life has given you?"

Tears slowly rolled down the round cheeks of the little girl, as she held on to the hem of her mother's skirt.

"Mommy, please take me along with you. I promise to be a good kid, and never misbehave," she requested in a heartbreaking voice.

With a quick tug, Janet slapped Julie harshly. The force of the slap was mildly heavy that caused the little girl to fall on the floor with a bright red mark on her right cheek.

"Behave and stay. Listen to your daddy and don't cause me any troubles," ordered her mother and left hastily with her heavily packed bag.

Tears flooded and fell freely from the emerald eyes of the little girl. Her low broken-hearted sobs, were unheard to any, as she was all alone in the broken house.

***************************************************

Ricci brothers were known for many things, but ruthless murder, violence and crime would top the list. Following their long familial roots of bloodshed and crime, they were introduced to the underworld with consecutive murders and assassination of country leaders who failed to listen to their orders. This impact was great, to the point that everyone in the country from young to old knew not to cross the Ricci brothers.

The eldest Ricci brother, Stefano and his blood brothers ascended to power smoothly, while giving fear and ruthlessness a new meaning.

"Have you done your job?" the cold voice of the Royal underground King Stefano was heard questioning his second youngest brother, Damon.

The room was eerily low lit. But, the brothers relished in darkness with a drink in their hand, calmly discussing their blood-filled business.

"Yes, brother. The ports have been thoroughly checked. Our men are ready for the incoming packages, the security has also been tightened at both seaports and airports," informed Damon.

"This should be the last time we are using airports for our package transportation Damon. You know the rules by now," Vincent the second eldest brother commented, as he stretched his legs leisurely, on the footstool with the tall wine glass in his hand.

Stiff tension was seen on Damon's face, as he regretted making the mistake. The Ricci brothers are always strict on rules, after all, their word is the law of the country.

A sudden knock was heard on the door interrupting their conversation. A narrow streak of anger, passed on the Ricci brothers' eyes as their meeting was cut short. The guards on duty were always warned, to never interrupt their meeting unless it was of at most importance.