Chapter 3 ~ The Truth Given, The Hatred Recieved

"Wilbur! Wilbur! Wilbur!"

He smiled, "Yes Tommy?"

"Look! I made a new friend!"

A boy, maybe around Tommy's age, cane running behind Tommy saying, "Hi! I'm Tubbo! You must be Wilbur!"

Tubbo....

Wilbur's eyes widened, he also smiled. He never once got to finish his song he wrote a while ago. Perhaps, today he could finally finish it.

"Oi, big man! Why the look?" Tommy questioned.

"I think I could finally finish my song I wrote, Tommy."

"Really!?"

"Yeah, just give me a few minutes!"

Wilbur Soot rushed to his bedroom, where the guitar awaits him. He fixed up the tunes of the guitar, testing at few times to see if it fit his liking, right before he started to play. He let himself get lost in the song, as if it were his safe place he could escape to, leaving the world he once knew behind. It took Wilbur some time until he was finally satisfied with what he created. He smiled down at the guitar. It was one of the things he cherished the most, but the smile did not last long as his door to the bedroom flew open, and standing in the doorway, was his father.

"What are you doing?"

Wilbur was slightly startled, "Oh, I, just finishing a song I wrote for Tommy-."

Philza scowled, "How many times must I tell you not to be around him? He is nothing more than a distraction, you're going to be king soon!"

"Why do you not like him father? He's your son-my brother for god's sake!" Wilbur shouted as he got up from the bed.

"Tommy and I never got along! He and I are complete opposites."

Was that all the current king had to say? That Tommy and him never got along? The way Wilbur's father said it, it just sounded like there was more to that sentence than his father had said. What else could Philza possibly have against Tommy?

"Is that it? That you and Tommy "never got along"!?"

Philza glared at him, "Are to saying that I'm lying to you?!"

"Surely not father," Wilbur scoffed, "More so it sounded like there was more to that than you intended to say!"

"How dare you..."

Wilbur rolled his eyes, "May you please leave my room now father? I have a song to tell Tommy at the moment."

Wilbur's father stormed right at him, yanking the guitar from his hands. Before the price could protest, his father smashed the instrument against the stone wall. Wilbur stared in shock as splinters flew everywhere.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Philza dropped what remained of the guitar, "I forbid you to speak to your brother, Wilbur. Do I make myself clear?"

Wilbur only stared at his father in disbelief before saying, "What do you have against Tommy!? He's a kid, your own son!"

"A son I never wanted, Wilbur! Your mother gave birth to that boy that I didn't even want! I NEVER wanted him in the first place, Wilbur! I just wanted ONE son, YOU! NOT HIM!"

Wilbur stares at his father in shock. Tommy was just a kid, it's not even his fault. He never asked to be brought into this world-no one did!-it could never be Tommy's fault. Was Philza not proud he had two sons?

"Is...is that why you hate me father?"

_______________________
_______________
_______

Those words, they hung in the air. The tension in the room dropped, such words that you wished you would never hear in your lifetime, "Is that why you hate me father?"

Wilbur quickly looked behind his father to the doorway, a young boy, Wilbur's brother, stood standing there. Tears were streaming down his face from those blue eyes that held joy. The older prince could see that Tommy was trying to keep himself from breaking down. His young brother would always say that he was a strong man, perhaps the younger prince was trying to do so at this moment.

Their father turned to the doorway, his face in shock, "Tommy I-"

"Don't...don't try to play guilty father! Don't you even dare! I guess now I know why you didn't like me, why you favored Wilbur instead of me...because you never wanted me in the first place!

Tommy's friend, Tubbo, made his way to his side, an expression full of concern, "Big Man, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"N-nothing Big T. Let's just go, I don't want to be around that man anymore."

The two young boys walked off, you could hear Tubbo questioning Tommy about his emotions, if he could help. The voice faded away, along with the footsteps that walked on the marble flooring of the castle they called home.

"Tommy-TOMMY WAIT-" Wilbur called out to his brother. He attempted to get past his father, to rush out of the room and comfort Tommy as best as he possibly could. Philza did not allow him, he blocked his son's path.
He
"You are to stay here until lunch, Wilbur!"

"But father! Tommy-he-!"

"That is final!"

Wilbur had never been his furious with his father, ever, in this lifetime. He wanted so badly to scream at him, but he knew one thing: actions came with consequences.

"You are a BASTARD father!"

Philza did not say anything. Simply looking at his son, and then walking off, shutting the door behind him. Wilbur could only shout back at him, "I HATE YOU!"

Wilbur was left with a burning hatred for his father. He turned his back to the door, now facing his broken guitar. Wilbur wanted to comfort his brother, maybe play him a song, but what song could he possibly play with a guitar like that?

_______________________
_______________
_______

Tommy knew one thing for sure, and that was that he absolutely HATED his father, and his father still hated him. Now the two opposites were equal now. Was it Tommy's fault that he existed on this planet, absolutely not! He never asked to be born, how could it ever be his own fault?

"I just," Tommy sighed, "I don't get get it. Why can't he be happy that he has two sons? Two is better than no sons!"

"Has your father ever snapped like that before, Tommy?"

10 year old Tommy thought for a moment, before responding to Tubbo, "Well no-uhm, at least I don't think so?"

Tubbo sighed, "Your father is a total jerk if you ask me. If anything he should be proud of you! He's just acting like a baby, doesn't deserve to be king."

Tommy couldn't help but to laugh a bit at Tubbo's statement. He had to admit, Tubbo was right, his father does not deserve to be king at all!

"It's a good thing he won't be king for long. My brother is said to be crowned in two years prior."

Tubbo chuckled a bit, and then thought for a while, "Say, what would you do if you were king?"

"Well I would exile my dad of course, serves him right!"

"Seems like a very good choice!"

Tommy and Tubbo looked at each other before bursting out in a fit of laughter. Maybe things were turning out well slowly and slowly, a working progress. Perhaps Fate decided to be kind to Tommy for once, let him find a friend who actually understands him! Would this carry on, Fate being kind. Perhaps. Perhaps not. The future is not set in stone, it never will be. Maybe Fate will destroy Tommy when he least expects it, you must always be prepared, right? That's what Tommy should do, prepare for what is yet to come, because before he knows it, he will loose the people he cared deeply about.

It is only a matter of time.