He's got Friends on the Other Side {Chapter 8}

As they brought the cigarette to their lips. Slowly inhaling it in. Y/N slowly blew out the smoke, as it ran down the exit out their mouth. Seeing this caught Sniper's attention.

"I thought you said you didn't smoke?" Sniper asked as he leaned back in his chair, "oh I never done it before-" Y/N soon had a coughing fit out of nowhere, but luckily it didn't last long. "Oh- never mind, but don't worry you will master it sooner or later." Sniper chuckled under his breath.

"Yeah, but I don't think smoking is my thing," Y/N replied as they handed over the cigarette back to Ted. Sniper took the cigarette placing it back in his fingertips. Y/N took another swig of their beer bottle before speaking, "Ted. What was your life before the war?"

Hearing this made Sniper turned his head, "what's it to yeah?" Ted said muttering out he brought the cigarette towards his lips. Looking straight at them giving them this dead look, "it was just a question- fine, you wanna stay mysterious fine by me."

I turned around, facing away from Ted looking at the far away distance from the rooftop. Seeing everything so small around me. "You look lost Y/N..." Ted said as he turned his head over at me, "that's because I am." I huddled my knees on top of the white patio chair, feeling my body sink in. "You wanna talk about it?" Ted asked as he rested his hand on top of his right knee, which was upwards while the left one was down.

There was a moment of silence, the only noises that were heard were below them from other soldiers. I felt a cold gust of wind hit my body. I clenched my arms around myself, trying my best to shield myself from the cold night air. Ted coughed breaking the silence, "if that's okay with you..." Sniper smiled, but it felt weird, seeing him genuine.

After all his yelling and shouting all day, he's nice. I felt my face heat up, I nervously looked up at the sky, before making eye contact with Sniper. His night vision goggles lighting up in the night. Making him stand out in the dark, "I rather not, plus it's getting... late." I yawned in reply as sleepy tears came out of my eyes,

hearing what they had to say made Sniper sigh. "Alright, it's whatever." Sniper's smile went into a frown, as he took one last sip of his beer. Sniper flicked his cigarette to the ground, lazily stomping and rubbing the cigarette putting it out.

"Look we should head to bed," Ted sat off of his chair as he picked up the beer pack, walking towards the door exit on the rooftop. Ted whipped his head around seeing Y/N sitting perfectly still in the same position on the chair, "you're not coming?" Ted asked tapping his foot, hearing this made them snap out their thoughts. "What- oh.. yeah, yeah soon."

Ted didn't reply as he opened the rooftop door walking downstairs to the exit of the building. Y/N slowly pulled out the tracker device from their jacket, trying to see the location of Skittles if anything worked. Y/N eyed down at the device, as the screen whiteish light blue shined at their face. Making their face glow in the dark. As they eyed around the screen for a second, noticing something.

The red dot was moving around and was only a few miles away on the calculation shown on the left.

"Skittles? Is he coming for me?" Y/N said in shock with a smile appearing on their face. "I can finally go home with him..."

I got out of my seat walking downstairs to the exit outside, noticing how quiet it was, I wanted to quickly meet up with him. Even if it was just for five minutes, it would be worth it. It's been years since I seen Skittles, probably since we graduated high school. I knew the dangers of going out of camp but I'm old enough to take care of myself. I don't need John to tell me what I should do or not.

Y/N felt another gust of wind hit their body, as they clenched into their jacket harder. Trying their best to cover from the dusty night air. Y/N pulled out the tracker device seeing them get closer to it.