𝒕𝒘𝒐. worthy

[ 1

[ 1.02 ]

you got this, kid.

𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

As the the bleachers filled with students, parents, faculty, and friends. Everyone was buzzing with excitement for the Ravens game and the debut of the new player, Lucas Scott. Hope sat by the bleachers to set up the game for Whitey. Feeling someone watching her, Hope turned her head seeing Brooke Davis whispering to Peyton and looking at Hope. Hope gulped and sent a shy smile and wave before turning back to her work, blinking the nervous tears from her eyes.

     Hope was popular, but she wasn't Brooke Davis popular. They didn't run in the same circles, and that was okay. Everyone knew who she was and despite what she believed, everyone adored her. Even the people like Nathan who acted like they didn't. But even Nathan could admit that she did more for the team than anyone else could.

     The boys made their way onto the court, running through a quick pregame shootaround. Hope watched as Nathan tossed the ball to Lucas, who wasn't paying attention and was hit knocking him back into the game. "Wake up," Nathan muttered.

     Hope smiled wide as she stepped onto the court and towards Nathan. She pinched his ear pulling him down to her height whispering, "Play nice, little brother. If you play dirty, I'll make sure you don't get more than five minutes on the court for the rest of the season." She pushed him away when the whistle blew and he grabbed his ear that was reddening by the second in pain. Coach Durham shook his head in their direction causing Hope to feign innocence, "Sorry, Coach!"

     Nathan looked over at Hope and muttered to Mason, "Why do people day she's the nicest girl in school, again?"

     "She makes us cookies? And she is kind of amazing . . . " Mason defended the girl who was laughing at something Whitey said.

     "So that's the boy who beat Nathan?" Brooke asked Peyton who nodded. "He looks good from behind," she smirked. "And his sister?" Peyton nodded again, "Pretty."

     "Lucas," Coach called, "Relax. Destiny has a way of finding you."

     Lucas smiled as Hope grabbed his shoulders forcing him to look down at her. "You got this, kid. Make me and Mom proud." Lucas nodded to his twin before moving around her onto the court, "Go, Luke!"

✰✰✰

     The game consisted of Hope forcing herself to look away anytime her twin was near the ball, for he would let it slip or miss his shot. So now, Hope did what she always did to get her mind off of things, hung out with Jake.

     "It wasn't that bad, honestly! I mean, it was his first game, you know," Hope shrugged makes faces at Jenny. She was sat with her back laid down on the couch and her knees up to rest Jenny there.