Chapter One: Leave Me Be

A girl with golden curly hair stopping at her lower back and piercing violet eyes strutted down the halls. Her name is Holiday Duke, a fifteen year old Slytherin. She's ambitious, clever, powerful, cunning and witty, intelligent, and cold. Very cold. Sure, she didn't care to be a bully like most others in her house, but when she saw it happening she couldn't care less and would go on with her day. Holiday never cared what others thought of her as long as she was more powerful than them. Which of course, she knew she was. It's not arrogance if you actually have that type of power. She's been determined since she was a kid to be the most powerful witch there is.

And nothing was going to stop her from reaching her goal.

"Hollie!"  A cheery girls voice called from down the hall and the blonde groaned in annoyance.

The redhead came bounding up to her, a smile on her face. Who is this, you may ask. Well, the girl next to Holiday who looks the exact opposite of her is Lily Evans. A Gryffindor girl who's been friendly to her since they arrived at Hogwarts.

"Hello, Lily." Holiday greeted her friend deadpanned.

Oh, was it mentioned that Lily is a muggle born? Well, unlike most in her house, she didn't care because she herself is a half-blood, so it's not that different. Though it ticked her off how being friends with a muggle born Gryffindor ruins her image.

Lily smiled, "How was your summer break?"

"It was fine." She paused, sighing, "How was yours?"

The girls cheeks tinted pink, "I've been talking with James a lot over letters. He's so sweet and amazing... I can't wait to talk to him." She squealed a bit at the end, earning a scoff from Holiday. She pouted, "Oh come on, Hollie, you can't just not like them for no reason."

"But it's not for 'no reason', Lily. Not only are they Gryffindors and really fucking annoying, they torment me any chance they get." She crinkled her nose, "Especially Black. I despise him the most of them all."

Suddenly, Lily's eyes brightened like she had an idea, "How about you sit with us this opening semester? And if you still dislike them-"

Holiday cleared her throat and corrected, "Hate."

She sighed, giving her friend a look, "If you still hate them, I'll leave you alone about it. If not, then you have friends!"

"I don't need any more friends." She snarled, "I have plenty."

"Yeah, Yeah." Lily grinned, causing Holiday to sigh. 

She brought her fingers up the the bridge of her nose and pinched it. Besides being calm almost to an emotionless manner, she could snap easily. Especially if she hadn't eaten yet for the day. Together the girls made their way to the dining hall where the first years would soon arrive. She started off towards the Slytherin table but Lily grabbed her arm.

"You said you'd sit with us." 

"I have to sit at my table for the first years arrival, remember? I'll sit with you tomorrow morning." Holiday replied simply, and the girls said their goodbyes.

Holiday sat down towards the front of the table, and a boy sat down next to her. He had messy light brown hair that partly covered his blue eyes. His name was Alaric Mikealson. The two weren't close per se, but they could be considered friends. They dated for a bit, but both realized that they weren't into it and broke up and are back to being friends.

Alaric grinned, "Hey, Holiday. How was your holiday?" 

She groaned at his stupid joke, "You're an idiot, Alaric."