Chapter Six: Parties Suck

"Eek! So it worked? You two are friends now?" Lily giddily asked.

"No, we are merely agreeing to not be at each others throats all the time." Holiday corrected, and James laughed.

"Isn't that what all your friendships are, Hollie? You know, since you're always grumpy-"

Lily elbowed him and Holiday shook her head with a small smile, "Very funny, James."

Remus grinned, "Yeah, she's much friendlier with us and that one Slytherin guy...What's his name?"

"Oh, right! That guy who's helped Hollie hang out with us. I never did catch his name." Lily remembered

Holiday smiled a bit, "Alaric. He's a good guy. A little bit of a sneaky devil, but he has good intentions. Especially when it comes to me."

"You guys dated, didn't you?" Peter perked up, and Holiday raised an eyebrow, "I heard it in the halls one time."

She shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, but both of us agreed that we felt more as close friends towards each other and it wasn't really romantic love. I'm okay with it though. Not having love isn't eating at my soul because I'm not interested in anyone. Unlike some people I know." She cleared her throat loudly as Lily's face turned bright red and she slapped Holiday's arm, and Jame's cheeks flushed red, realizing Holiday knew that he liked her friend.

Sirius laughed, leaning on his elbow, "I thought you said you were gonna play nice, Goldie."

Her eyes met his, a mischievous look in them, "Who says I'm not?"

Again there was laughter, and she seemed content with where she was. Of course, the torture switched from Sirius Black doing it to Lucius Malfoy, but she figured out how to make him stop, or at least back off a bit.

"Malfoy." She cleared her throat, standing across from him in the halls.

He gave her a slightly annoyed and confused glance, "What, Duke?"

A smile crept upon her face, and she met his gaze, "You know what I could do right now? I could tell your Daddy that about how you're grades are going down to As and Ps. Oh, and how you're sucking off the teachers kids to have them change it to E's. I'm not sure how he'll feel about his son being a total whore. Perhaps my father will be disgusted too and will stop being close..."

There were whispers starting all around and he threateningly approached her, "Really? Tell me, Duke, do you really think I'm going to let you do that?"

She chuckled quietly and he followed the movement of her eyes to see Sirius, James, Remus, Peter and Lily all circling him, hands at their wands. Holiday leaned in close to her pale blonde friend, her wand tip touching the bottom of his chin, "I wasn't really giving you a choice. You're going to back the fuck off, or I'll go tell Daddy. Understood?"

"Y-Yes." He gulped, straightening up, "Now, just, shut up and go hang out with your stupid scum."

He hurried off, and the Marauders high-fived each other, and Holiday walked away, a pleased look on her face. Though, she was still trying to forget that she wasn't going home this winter break, and she wouldn't have minded if she didn't know exactly why her parents were doing this. They thought that it would bother her, and they were right. 

A couple days later, the students decided to host a Winter Party, and the theme was a slightly fancy, winter wonderland. Lily decided that she was going to take Holiday glamour outfit picking.

Which, in other words, means hanging out in the Prefects bathroom doing the glamour charm on the other until the perfect outfit is found three hours before the party starts. The Slytherin girl was slightly annoyed when she found this out, but she had gotten over it, seeing as her annoyance would grow larger because of the amount of times Lily was doing the charm on her.