Prologue

Heylo! I would LOVE to give a shoutout to @QueeneeDee for making my FABULOUIS cover. Please go fan her and tell her how AMAZAYN she is! ^_^ I can't even thank her enough for this cover!

Ok now time for what you all have been waiting for! *Drumroll* The Boyfriend Box! Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For 18 long years I have known her.

For 18 years I have loved her.

And for five years she was mine.

Was mine

But now she belongs to someone greater then all of us.

……………………………………………..

Sunday January 8, 2012

I’m sitting in my living room chair, I was tempted to sit in her’s, since it was the more comfy one, but she never let me before-- I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t now.

I glance over at the clock on my Desk; it reads 8:26 P.M.

I throw my head back and stare up at the ceiling.

My whole living room is filled with condolence cards and my fridge and freezer are filled with a lifetime supply of tuna casserole and lasagna.

Even though all of these things are full, the house is empty.

Just like my heart.

Bloop blap bleep bloop

I groan and run my fingers through my hair, wishing the damn "blooping" would stop.

I have always hated our house ringer, but she was determined to get something different.

Something “snazzy” as she would say.

Or she said.

Bloop blap bleep bloop

I just sink further into my chair, not bothering to pick up the phone. I’m tired and I don’t feel like hearing another person tell me how sorry they are.

But I wish I picked up the phone.

Hey this is Grace-“

“And this is Harry-“

“Sorry we can’t get to the phone right now, we’re probably making sweet love-“

“Grace! Why would you say tha-“

“Leave a message after the tone bye!”

Beep

“Hey Harry, it’s Josh, you know your best friend? I know you’re probably trying to drown yourself in your comfy chair snaking on condolence food, so I just wanted to say I’m here for you. I-I know how hard it is for you- well actually I probably have no idea what you’re going through. We all loved her bro, she was a fantastic woman. Just call me when you’re ready, bye man.”

Beep

I didn’t really process what Josh said, they only thing I knew was that it was his voice leaving a message on the answering machine.

“Hey this is Grace…”

Her voice from the machine was ringing in my ears and it made my heart strech uncomfortably. Tears were threatening to leave my eyes but I forced them back.

I refuse to cry again. There is nothing left to cry about.

There is only one person who can see me in my weakened state, other than that I don’t even want to see how pathetic I have become.

That person is Grace

That person was my wife.

 And that person is now gone.

Because she died  a week ago from stage 4 Breast Cancer.

And today…today was her funeral.

Hey mah Loverleh Ligers! This was just a prologue- but I hope you enjoyed it! I decided to give you a treat because today the "Kiss You." music video came out. Leave a comment and tell me what you think- I will try and update soon!

Love you all!

~Lex