◆Chapter 3: Beast◆

(Warning: 18+)

Rosaline’s P.O.V.

“Looking for this, love?“, Xavier said, his voice was strangely calm. I gulped in fear.

‘No Rosaline stay strong’, my conscience encouraged me.

I inhaled a sharp breath and turned around. I looked in his eyes and spoke sternly, “How did you have my phone?” Xavier raised an eyebrow and stared me back intensely. I won’t get scared of him no matter what. I can’t spend the rest of my life with a murderer.
He opened his mouth to say something but I immediately snatched my phone from his hand and practically ran out of the room.

I went back to our shared bedroom. Xavier just followed me behind quietly. I headed to the closet and took out my night gown. I went inside the washroom while clutching my phone tightly in my hand.Xavier was just watching me silently the whole time with his hawk-like eyes. I frowned.

‘Why is he so calm?’

I shrugged it off as I literally don’t have time to decipher his quirky behavior. I immediately shut the door and locked it. I immediately dialed my Dad’s no.

~OTP

*Ring Ring*

“Dad pick up please”, I bit my lower lip as I was a nervous wreck at that moment. After a few rings the call ended. I huffed in anger.

“He must be sleeping idiot. Who would be awake at this hour of night? I should call Mark”, I quickly called him.

Mark was my friend and Nick’s partner. He also worked in the Intelligence Agency.

~OTP

“Hello”

“Mark, it’s me Rosa”

“Oh my God Rosa! How are you and where are y-” Mark spoke in a worried tone but I immediately cut him off.

“Mark, please help me. Xavier killed Nick. He forcefully married me while threatening to harm my parents. I am very scared, please...” I couldn’t control it anymore and broke down in tears. I clasped my mouth with my palm tightly so that Xavier can’t hear.

“He-hey don’t cry, Rosa. Listen to me now. I have a plan. Tomorrow you will take Xavier along with you to Starbucks. Me and my entire team will be there. Just make an excuse somehow and get away from his eagle eyes for a few minutes. I will immediately take you away from there and then escort you to the airport safely. Then you’ll board a flight for Paris and immediately leave America. Got it?“, he explained me his whole plan.

“Alright but what about Xavier?”, I asked him in a shaking voice. “Don’t worry about him. Just do as I say”, he assured me.

“Okay, bye Mark I should hang up now”

“Bye Cutie. Take Care”, he spoke softly. I ended the call.

I sighed in relief. Finally I will be able to leave this hell. A small smile formed on my lips. I wiped my tears and turned around.

I froze on my spot. The phone fell from my hand and hit the shining white tiles with a loud thud. I started sweating badly and my body started shaking in fear.

There stood the Devil in front of me whom I despise the most right now.

Xavier was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed on his chest as he stared me with his intimidating eyes. My throat turned parched. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“Done changing love?", he rasped. I looked at him in shock and confusion.

“WHAT THE- HOW DID YOU GET INSIDE?", I yelled fiercely.

Xavier didn’t reply me. His gaze eventually dropped to the floor as he looked at my phone with scrutinizing eyes. He then looked at me back and started approaching me. I panicked. I looked everywhere and found a glass bottle of shower gel. I smashed it with full force on the bath tub. It shattered into pieces. I bend down and immediately grabbed a piece of glass.