The cafe

*this chapter is just to introduce the cafe and some characters. The main story line will begin in the next chapter*

"With this, Cafe Genshin is open!" Paimon and Lumine exclaimed as they stood in front of their newly opened cafe. The trio, Lumine, Aether and Paimon had decided to open a cafe a few months ago and they finally finished it. Aether has always been quiet, so he just plastered a smile on his face, unlike the other ecstatic duo. While the other two were busy taking photos ot their cafe and celebrating, Aether decided to go into the cafe to start preparing for the first day of their cafe. Without a doubt, many people would come to the cafe that day as everything was on the house to celebrate the opening of Cafe Genshin. It was only 05 30 but Aether, being hardworking, started preparing all the things needed for that day. He was determined to make this cafe a successful one.

After a while, Aether prepared everything and the trio started waiting behind the counter for customers. As expected, a lot of people started entering the cafe. Orders after orders were served to the crowd continuously. Paimon and Lumine were the ones preparing the beverages and food while Aether was the one serving the orders to the customers. It was hours of endless hardwork. As soon as one customer left the cafe, another one would enter.

After a long period of time, it was already sunset. Thank goodness the amount of customers were slowly dwindling. Aether felt a wave of relief wash over him as he finally had the chance to rest. This was even worse than the 5km jog Lumine forced him to do every weekend to 'keep fit'.

"We should really hire more people," Aether complained, stretching his arms. Lumine thought about it for a while and soon agreed. The cafe's first day of work soon ended and the trio were worked to the bones, however, they still had to put up signs that they are hiring people. As soon as they finished, they headed to the cafe's second level where all workers stay at. It was split into two sides, one for boys and one for girls. Aether headed to the boys side and picked a bed nearest to the window.

There were a total of 8 beds in each room for both girls' and boys' side. Aether took a shower first then he went to sleep. He slept almost immediately when his back touched the soft white bed. It felt like heaven after that long day of work...

It was the second day of the cafe's arrival and the amount customers seemed to have settled down a little bit. Aether thanked his lucky stars while recalling the torture from the previous day. Out of the blue, a man with bold red hair approached Aether. He had a fluffy ponytail and white porcelain skin. His eyes were red but felt somewhat cold. Aether's heart skipped a beat as he saw that man.

"You're hiring, right?" The man spoke. Aether nodded, cheeks slightly rosy. The man was much taller than him and had a deep, soothing voice. Aether signaled for Lumine to come over as he had never been one to socialize with others. Aether shuffled away swiftly and started serving other customers. The man left shortly and the day continued on.

After work, the trio headed back to their respective rooms to rest. Aether didn't expect working in a cafe to be that tiring. He took a shower, jumped onto his bed and soon fell fast asleep.

The rays on sunlight seeped through the gap between the curtains, that were covering the windows, and Aether's alarm set off. He groaned, thinking about how tiring the day would be. Could he even survive a week? That thought made Aether slump back onto his bed before getting up and getting ready for another strenuous day of work.

As per normal, he stood behind the counter and started getting ready for work. However, the bell attached to the door rang.

"Sorry, we aren't opened yet," Aether panicked but was soon startled by the appearance of the red haired man from the previous day.