Chapter Five - Meeting the Queens

Natalie's POV:
Today is the day. I'm introducing Destiny and Heidi to the girls. I'm sure they're gonna love them. I make the girls some breakfast then go to wake them up. I decide to wake Heidi up first. Slowly opening the door to her room, I look in and see her fast asleep. God, she is so cute! I wake her up fairly easily and tell her to go downstairs for her breakfast.

I then move to Destiny's room. I open the door even slower to make sure there's no sudden noises. Even though she is the older sister, she seems more fragile than Heidi. After opening the door, I quietly move over to her and gently shake her awake. Suddenly, to my surprise, she jolts awake and her breathing becomes irregular. I can tell she is starting to have a panic attack.

I can't blame her too much. She's clearly had a traumatic past and waking up in a strange room to a stranger shaking you awake is going to be quite frightening.

I try my best to calm her down but it doesn't seem to be working. Then an idea pops into my head. It's crazy, and it might not work, but i might as well try.

I place my hand on the shaking girl and take a deep breath. I start singing. The first song that comes to my mind is 'She Used To Be Mine' from Waitress, so I sing that.

Part way through the song, I can tell she is starting to calm down.

By the end of the song, her breathing is completely fine and she has stopped crying. I ask her if she's okay and she nods. Guessing from what Heidi said yesterday and that she hasn't spoke at all, I'm pretty sure Destiny is mute.

First day as a parent and I have already given one of my kids a panic attack. Yep, things are going great.

----------------------------------------------

After everything had been sorted out and we were all ready, we set off to meet the rest of the Queens. We had arranged to meet in a park and for Maiya and Aimie to bring their girls so they could meet. Aria, Sue and Heidi are the same age, so they could become close! I'm not too sure about Destiny though, she seems very shy and is most likely mute so it will be harder for her.

When we arrive at the park, most of the girls are already here. The only two I can't see are Lexi and Grace. Millie seems to be running round with Aria and Sue. I get out of my car and bring Destiny and Heidi over to the Queens. They both stand hiding behind me however.

"Hey!" I hear Maiya shout. She comes running over to me while Aria and Sue shout "Hi Auntie Nat!"

When Maiya reaches me, she notices the two girls behind me and says "You've either found two kids in the street and decided to adopt them or you've got two random kids following you around so which is it?"
I reply with "The first option, how did you know?"
"I am psychic."
"You are a mythic, psychic bitch!" Aimie shouted from where she was stood.

"I AM NOT HEATHER CHANDLER!!!"