Chapter 7

Other than a few thin clouds soaring in the sky, the day is calm and beautiful. So far I haven't even seen a single sizzler, which is both relaxing and unnerving. The moos and baas of the wild sheep and cows around me sends a peaceful thought through my conscience as I adventure the lands around Bryan's castle. Wildflowers blow in the wind, intoxicating me with their fresh, natural scent. My shoulders sink as my chest rises and falls and my heart slows with a calming deep breath. Dirt covers the palms of my hands, and a few fresh scrapes line my legs, arms, and stomach due to climbing the mountains and a few trees. Not even a hint of pain stabs into my body, despite the fact that my arm is faintly bleeding. Sweat forms on my forehead as I reach a mountain top in front of Bryan's castle, the crops in his farm flow majestically in the soft breeze of the early morning. His animals walk around in their small paddock, bumping into each other as the babies drink their mother's milk, or what they assume is their mother. The wind blows through my hair, making it fly benevolently behind me like a superhero's cape.

"Hey, Francisco, come check this out," Rustler starts, and my focus directs towards the farm, though I already know that they're not there.

"Hm?" Renato utters, his voice seeming a bit off guard. "Oh shit, that's fucking cool, good job!"

"I know, right?" Rodrigo joyfully speaks.

"What is it?" Anthony asks with curiosity. "God damn! Nice job Rustler!"

"Thank you," Rodrigo squeaks.

The congratulations and lightness continues for a few more minutes as I watch the crops in the village seem to remain unaffected by the wind that moved Bryan's crops so easily. The horses in the stables cheerfully play amongst themselves, neighing and rolling in the mud, covering themselves in the hay that always seems to be there.

"Hey, guys?" I start, watching the majestic creatures knock noses and snort into each other's manes. None of the guys respond, but I know they're listening. "Whose horses are those?"

"What horses?" Anthony asks.

"Those are Brenna's," Renato answers.

"Oh those horses," Anthony conveys with understanding. "I'm gonna steal those horses."

"Don't you fucking dare," Renato threatens with hostility and warning.

"Woah chill," Anthony takes a step back with his voice. "I wasn't actually gonna do it." He then whispers, "Maybe."

"Anthony," Renato growls.

"Cat," Anthony fires back, saying Renato's nickname. He has that name because of how much he loves cats, and it's also because at times he can really be a huge pussy.

"I will kill you," Cat's voice is daunting as he speaks with a heavy tone, almost like his words are dropping to the ground like bricks immediately after he speaks them.

"How about I kill you instead," He remarks with confidence. "Renato, what are you doing with that sword?" His voice completely shifts, fear and dread shaking his words. His screams mix with the tensity of Renato's silence. "Renato, I was just joking, please don't kill me." Cat's silence continues, along with Anthony's screams of fear, and soon joins in Rodrigo with some laughter. "Rustler, no stay out of this, please!"

Anthony's presence slowly fades, as he chokes on his own blood, dying a sufferable demise. Rodrigo's soft laughter continues as Anthony's presence comes back into existence, though he remains silent as they all get back to work. A large bee enters and exits my view, residing within its home attached to one of the tall, beautiful trees surrounded by flowers. Its hind is covered in pollen, soon to be turned to honey which can be helpful with potions and curing different poisons and effects caused by the potions.