Follow Through

You and Midnight had elected to ignore the issue, letting Blood Fist come to you guys instead. Just him thinking that you two would be frightened was absurd. So, you both decided to head on out to UA and get back to work with your jobs as teachers. Before you guys got out of your car, you kissed each other a good day and headed off. You walked out to the highest level of the school while Midnight stayed along the mid-levels to meet with first-years about some art projects she had them do.

Regardless, the day was good for you. Classes were fine as again, most of your students were out and about for work studies and therefore, nothing giving you much time in their own development. Which was fine, it gave you some quiet time to think and plan ahead. And working for finals with the next semester was also going to be a ton of fun, you loved seeing these kids grow and develop their skill sets. Hell, it would not surprise you if after graduation and his first year on the job, that Miriro overtakes you and claims a top 10 spot, or even number 1 itself.

You sighed and leaned back in your chair, looking out the window. You smiled to yourself as the world seemed so calm at a moment like this. No major threat, no major catastrophe, just a normal day. Of course, with Blood Fist out in the open again, it didn't make things so much easier. Seriously though, how was he able to escape Tartarus? That place was impervious to all attacks, breakouts, break-ins, riots, and otherwise. Corrupt officials exist in all facets of life. But would one really be inside Tartarus?

Still, best not to dwell on that. For now, it was a time for relaxation and growth. And how to check this out better than to see how your old protege was doing. You waited for the bell to end class and decided to walk down to the cafeteria to see. Upon getting down there, you smiled as you saw Ace with some of his friends. And from what you could tell from the finals, these kids were good. Damn good at their job. He had his arm wrapped around a female classmate, looked consensual too. Girl was Momo Yaoyorozu. And according to Ace during the internship, the two had a thing for one another.

You smiled as you saw the group all laugh together. He must have seen you because he excused himself and walked over to you.

(Y/N): Hey, Ace.

Ace: Mr. Dandy Man. What is it?

(Y/N): Well, teaching third-years get boring sometimes. So, I thought I'd check up on things down here. See how you were doing.

Ace: Yeah! It's great sometimes. Other times it beats you to the ground.

(Y/N): Eh, that's hero life kiddo. Not always the best. Oh well. How did you do on those finals?

Ace: Passed with flying colors. So...thanks for the pro tips.

(Y/N): Hey, anytime kiddo.

Ace: Uh..sir. Would you mind if I came back and worked with you for work studies?

You blinked, surprised by his choice. You slowly began to form a smile on your face and offered him a fist bump. He eagerly returned it and you both smiled at each other.

(Y/N): Well, I didn't call you a potential protege for anything, kid.

Ace looked at you a bit surprised but he slowly smiled, then smirked with you. You both just looked at each other with such adoration. The next thing you knew, you were both making jokes and you nearly had to force him to leave so he could eat something today and spend time with classmates. Either way, a damn good day in your book. So, from there, you went back to your office to file the forms to get Ace under your employment.

So, since most of your students were out and about, you had plenty of time to go into those forms. After working for about an hour, you smiled as you finished it all.