00. ) proof of pain .

༄ؘ |  CHAPTER ZERO :the proof of your pain

༄ؘ | CHAPTER ZERO :
the proof of your pain .
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

WARNING , spoilers for mugen train

"DON'T RUN AWAY! DON'T
RUN AWAY, YOU COWARD!"

   THE HEART THAT beats in the chest of Kyojuro Rengoku is one glowing alive with righteousness, blazing with a passion so fierce that it lived up every single bit of the title 'Flame Hashira ' bestowed on his shoulders.

    Kyojuro Rengoku's heart is kissed by purity. And like all good hearts, it ended up being the one that bled the most.

     He watched, ever so helplessly watched, as the rookie Demon Slayer with hair of burgundy and black screamed until his throat sounded like it was ripping to shreds. He watched, with the single eye left that wasn't stinging with blood, as Kamado Tanjiro came undone, words raw with so much grief and rage and pain, flinging forth from his lips as he screamed at the retreating Upper Moon Three.

     The Flame Hashira could only watch, the gaping hole leaking crimson in his chest made sure of that.

      In his place kneeling on the soft dirt, he found himself falling into a pit of doubt. His last moments were looking painfully short. Did he really do enough? Were these four really going to survive the cruel monstrosities that were the demons?

    His eyes never left the boy in the checkered haori, still and calm. Tanjro Kamado's heart was no different than his. Pure and innocent, daring to fight back in a world no different from a viper, swallowing anything meek and soft whole without a drop of mercy.

    Tanjiro Kamado was just like him. He was brave, righteous, too kind for his own good.

    But unlike him, Tanjiro Kamado had a certain spirit to him, a spark that guaranteed he would live to see another day with every battle he fought. With the current circumstances, Kyojuro would not.

The Flame Hashira smiled. Tanjiro Kamado, alongside Inosuke Hashibira, Zenitsu Agatsuma, and that little marvel of a demon that had gained his admiration, Nezuko Kamado. Those four were the proof that he had fought well and brave, and the ones to continue his legacy as a demon slayer. Those four were the fruits of his sacrifice. The proof of his pain.

     Perhaps now isn't the time to doubt their abilities.

     "Stop yelling already. You'll reopen that stomach wound."