The truth unfolds

No ones pov

Lloyd sat there as the room filled with silence. He could hear his heart thump with anticipation. He slowly glanced from one ninja to another eventually landing his gaze to the floor.
Kai just kept staring at Lloyd hoping that he would pick him. They could start all over and have a new life that they always wanted. Before the drama, before Skylar, before Cole, before he left for good.
Cole on the other hand wished he was chosen too. He glanced at Kai from time to time. He has some doubts on Lloyds decision. They have been together for years now and now that Kai shows up they have to mess it up? Cole is unamused and hurt. He loves Lloyd and would do almost anything for him, yet Lloyd's heart might ache for another.
The silence grew as they all sat there waiting. Lloyd did not want to make any decisions. Lloyd has been in love with Kai for a long time and when he was pushed away he still came back. Eventually he had to let Kai go and that's when he started to have feelings for Cole. They weren't perfect together but nothing is perfect. What will he choose? Who will be pick? Why did he have to pick?
Lloyd opened his mouth but nothing came out, he closed it and licked his lips softly before opening it again.
"I don't know."
Silence once again.
"How can I know who to pick if I don't have any reason to pick you over Cole." Lloyd stated while looking over at Kai.
Kai looked a bit shock.
"Kai...Cole and I have been dating for a while. Everything was going smoothly. I.. love him."
His cheeks started to turn a light red from embarrassment.
Cole smiled at Lloyd then looked over at Kai who was upset but trying to keep it together.
Kai got up his seat his hands slammed on the table.
"No."
Kai stated coldly.
Cole glared at Kai as he moved towards Lloyd.
Kai lifted up Lloyd's face with his hand- gripping his cheeks causing Lloyd to pout.
"Listen Lloyd, I know you think you love him but you don't. You love me!"
Lloyds face flushed with red.
"I do not!!" Lloyd yelled at him trying to free himself from Kai's grip.
Kai let go of his face and wrapped his arms around him.
Lloyd just sat there, his face red with embarrassment but his heart thumped loudly with Kai's warm embrace.
Cole sat there trying not to snap at Kai.
"Lloyd, she told me."
Kai whispered in his ear softly which sent chills down Lloyd's back.
"Luna showed me your diary too." He let out a small chuckle. "You're so cute."
Lloyd's blush became darker as he pushed away Kai.
"What are you talking about?!" He screamed as he got free from Kai's embrace.
Lloyd ran behind Cole as Cole stood there.
Kai took out a small green book.
The book had a half melted golden lock.
Lloyd's eyes opened wide- he knew that book.
Kai took a deep breath in and exhaled before reading from the page.
"His brunette hair spiked with gel. His red scar on his eye. His warm smile he gives me. It makes me so happy. I know this feeling, I know it too well. This is love- I love Kai. I love him way too much. Although his heart belongs to another I still yearn for him."
Lloyd yelled at him to stop but Kai continued as Cole listened to every word that the green ninja wrote in that book of his.
"I hope that one day he'll love me too."
Kai finished after reading a couple of pages. Lloyd sighed and looked at Cole.
Cole stared at Lloyd not knowing if he could believe what he just heard. Kai could have been making it all up just to split them apart.
"Cole.. what he read.. it's true. I wrote that.."
Lloyd covered his face with his hands, "I really like you Cole I do. It's just Kai is different. He's the one I love most. He always has been. Even in the beginning of our relationship I told you that I still loved Kai-"
"You said that you'll try to forget him and love me instead!" Cole yelled at him as his hands formed into a fist.
"You said that I make you happy!" Cole slammed his fist against the table accidentally breaking it.
Lloyd flinched at the sound of the break and Kai glared at Cole.
"Cole calm down. You're going to get someone hurt or hurt yourself if you keep acting like this." Kai blurted at him.
Cole grit his teeth as he tried to cool down his temper.
"I wanted us to work out. I still did. I even tried to pick you in the start but my heart keeps leaning towards Kai." Lloyd finally admitted.
"I'm still in love with Kai"
"And I choose him."

A/N: sorry for the long wait. Also happy new year! :)) I did travel for a bit but I came back after a month. I was so busy that I didn't get to finish the chapter. I finally finished this chapter. Honestly I think I'll make an alternative ending because it was going to end differently. So if you want that ending you'll have to wait- it's more sad. :)
The last couple of chapters might have an 18+ warning. So please do make sure to skip it if you don't want to see it or read it. Thank you.
<3 ~Jae
Base used for the art:

Not my base! Credits to whoever made it (I do not know

Not my base! Credits to whoever made it (I do not know. When I find out who I'll make sure to credit them properly.)