Chapter 8 - Back to Normal

Error's POV

I felt breasts push against my nude body. My eyes opened, allowing me to see Rose. I wanted to back away but that would be rude of me.

My bedroom door opened and then a maid entered. Rose jumped up, covering her body with my bed sheets. The maid didn't pay any attention as she set down a clean pair of clothes for the both of us.

I stood up from my bed and began applying a suit to my body. After leaving the necktie behind, I waited for Rose to finish changing.

Once both of us were done, I opened my bedroom door to see her out of my room. However to my surprise, I saw Ink standing outside. He was out of the hospital and was already back to working.

Ink turned around with a smile. There was faint rainbow blush covering his cheeks.

Ink: Good morning, sir.

Rose walked out from behind me, meeting eyes with my bodyguard. Ink's smile quickly faded as he glared at the woman.

Ink: Greetings Rose. I will lead you to the entrance door.

She stared back as she approached Ink.

Rose: As Error's bodyguard, what do you do for him?

Ink: Well, I protect him with my life. Although I can do some requests that he asks of me. Including...

My bodyguard's glare softened but a strange smile appeared along with it.

Ink: taking out the trash. Shall we?

Ink smiled further as he extended his hand towards the red haired woman. Rose scuffed as she slapped away his hand before turning around to look at me. She suddenly kissed me.

I stayed still as I tried not to gag from her lips touching me.

She quickly released, waved at me and then sashayed down the hallway. Ink met my eyes with a somewhat offended expression, which I completely understood.

(Time Skip)

I sat at father's desk while scanning papers. I was met with a few members of the mafia, including some maids. I was starting to question how father did this without being drained of energy.

Honestly I preferred the excitement that I always got while working as an Underboss. I was constantly involved in the affairs of the family, making sure that everything was done properly to my father's standards.

The room was silent, with only the sound of rustling papers. Ink stood to my left, intently watching the room for any threats.

Without warning, the door opened. I looked up to see my parents.

Me: Mother, you're alright.

Mother: Of course I am.

I hugged my mother, thanking the higher power that she didn't die. I kissed my father's hand out of respect.

Me: Father.

Father: You did well for keeping the family in order while I was with your mother.

Me: Thank you, father.

The Don went to his desk and sat in the chair. That was where he belonged, that was where he ruled over the family. I looked up to him as my father and as my role model. In the future, that desk would officially be mine.

Father: It's time to kill off the people who haven't paid their protection fee. I assuming you will do that?

That wasn't a question, it was a demand. Bowing to my father, I turned around to walk out of the office. My bodyguard followed close behind. A warm feeling grew inside of me as I glanced at Ink.

(Time Skip)

After spending the entire day killing people, I was sitting at a booth in the restaurant. I sipped from a glass of whiskey while thinking about the next kill.

I would have been working but earlier today I had received a message from one of my maids. She said that Rose wanted to meet me here tonight. This threw an obstacle in my schedule.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caught my attention. As I looked up, I instantly recognized the person as Rose. She was dressed in a red dress with red lipstick pasting her lips.

Standing up, I pulled out a chair for her. She thanked me and sat down. She started talking as soon as I rested in my own chair.

Rose: I talked with your mother. Apparently she was throwing a party for the mafia and she invited me as your date. I said yes so... I get to see you next Friday.

'I guess I don't have a choice in the matter.'

Ink gave me a sympathetic look after hearing what she said. I mentally sighed to myself...

This is going to be a long week