thirty eight

Neville, Luna, Ginny and I found Ron along one of the corridors pacing back and forth.

"Here!" I threw his wand in his direction and he caught it swiftly, "Harry and Hermione must've went to the forbidden forest."

"The forbidden forest?" Neville queried.

"There's no time to explain, we need to go find them! They may need our help with Umbridge," Ron exclaimed and hurried off down the corridor to the grand staircase, "Come on!"

The five of us hastily made our way down to the forbidden forest. Once we made our way to the clearing, we spotted Harry and Hermione running towards us as well. I quickly passed them their wands, "Where's Umbridge?"

"We dealt with her," Harry panted from the running, "We need to get to the Ministry before it's too late."

"How exactly were you planning to get all the way to London?" Hermione reasoned. It was true. We could fly but Sirius could be dead by the time we reached.

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" said Luna in a matter-of-fact tone, "We could take the-"

"Hold on," Harry cut her off, "There is no 'we' in this. I should go alone, you guys stay here where it's safe."

"Blimey, Harry. You wouldn't think we'd let you go to the Ministry on your own would you?" Ron budged in, "We're coming." He ended proudly, I could see him huffing his chest.

"We care about Sirius just as much as you do, Harry," I chimed in, "Let us help you."

Harry's brows furrowed and he sighed, "Fine. But we need to find a way to get all seven of us to the ministry fast."

"i have a suggestion," said Luna, "Follow me"

Luna brought us to the forbidden forest and gestured to the air, "Here we are," she reached out and caressed the air, "We can ride them."

"I think Looney Lovegood has gone completely bonkers." Ron whisphered in my ear and I glared at him, "Don't call her that. I'm sure she has a plan." I said more hopefully than assured.

"Brilliant, Luna!" Harry said, he was the only one approaching whatever Luna was touching and reached out his hand as well. I watched as his hand glided across the air but I could not make up what he was touching.

"Um...Harry, what are we going to ride?" Ginny came forth, asking the question we all were wondering.

"The thestrals," Luna smiled, coming back to the group, "I've gathered enough for the secen of us, they can take us to the ministry in no time."

"Thestrals? They pull our carriages don't they? I've always found them ghostly." Neville replied.

"Um, am I the only one who can't see the Thestrals?" Hermione queried, "But I have read about them before when I was doing some research on magical creatures..."

"Oh, that's right," Harry realised and cut Hermione off, "Only those who have seen death can see Thestrals."

"If we can't see them, how are we going to mount and ride them?" I asked concerned.

"We'll help you don't worry," Harry nodded, "Alright quickly we need to go now."