✰ Fated Meeting

Alaric, the CEO of Kami Corporations, was on the phone. His white iPhone 12 Pro was newly polished, his black suit and dress pants neatly ironed.

But he was pissed. "This is idiotic! Foolish! I have several meetings today, how am I supposed to squeeze a mere interview into my hectic schedule!?" He muttered, hanging up.

An employee just called him, saying that the man who handled interviews had got into a car crash, though he didn't have any serious injuries, the man couldn't attend work for a few weeks.

The employee told him nobody else was fit for the job, and that since the job was for his personal assistant, he might as well interview the woman looking for the job.

He had basically given up hope that he would get a new personal assistant; Dozens of people had applied for the job, but were all denied.

He sighed and stood up, running his hand through his pitch black hair.

Alaric walked out of his office and entered the VIP elevator. He arrived at the ground floor, an area that was ten times the size of a normal house's first floor.

Employees bowed as soon as they saw their boss, but he acted like this was a typical thing that happened in the office.

He stepped out of the elevator, walking forward.

That was when the front doors, which were 30 meters away, opened quickly.

And in ran a woman sporting a short black dress.

--

You were that woman. It was 9:52 AM when you ran into the large corporate building.

You stopped running as soon as you entered the building, panting. You noticed that everyone on the floor was bowing; with only one man standing straight.

Wait... He looked familiar- Unlighted hair, dark brown eyes that had a tint of gold, about 190-200 centimetres tall...? And he looked rich.

You blush out of embarrassment, as almost everyone and staring at you.

Alaric stopped walking as soon as you ran in, your composure all messed up. He was standing right in front of you, looking down at you with his intimidating eyes.

"Allow me to ask... Who are you? Why are you in my building?" His accent was a mix of French, Korean, and American. His tone was impatient and cold, as if you were a bug he wanted to squash.

No, Alaric did not and was not able to remember all of his employee's appearance. But you did not sport a button on your dress, meaning you were not an official employee of Kami Corporations.

You stagger back, looking up at the scary man. "I- I'm Y/N... I'm here for an interview... F-For the assistant?-" You manage to say.

He turned his head, glaring at the crowd. That sort of eye contact, for him, meant; stand straight and continue whatever you were doing earlier. And so the employees did.

"Ah," he says with a bit of disdain. "Well, then. My name is Alaric Kami and I will be interviewing you today."

--