𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2

JJ POV

After my breakdown in the middle of a road, I stumbled the way to the Chateau. My boots dragged against the small rocks and dirt while tears continued to slowly fall out of my eyes. I felt nothing now. Not sad. Not anger. Not guilt. Just nothing, absolutely nothing.

Finally, I made it back to the Chateau which happened to be not too far from where I had my meltdown. I stared at the silhouette of the house, suddenly getting hit by a dump truck of memories. The laughter, the smiles, the beer-drinking, laying around the house doing absolutely nothing, even the fights which lead to us making up over a blunt or a juul.

I slowly dragged myself up to the house, staggering up the steps and onto the porch. I ran my hand along Y/n's surfboard leaned against the house as I walked by it. The place was a wreck especially from all the running around and chaos that happened in the past few weeks.

I opened the screen door making it creak as I walked in. The Chateau was dark and strangely calm which gave me chills. I plopped down on the edge of the pullout and took off my hat so I could run my fingers through my untamed hair.

My eyes started adjusting to the objects around me. My eyes scanned the messy room before landing on a hoodie laying next to me. I grabbed it and looked at it to see it was mine but a familiar scent was coming off it.

I pressed my nose into the hoodie, smelling the wonderful scent of Y/n's shampoo and a hint of gummy worms. Her favorite candy she always ate and then eventually started smelling like them.

Tears streamed out of my eyes as I thought about Y/n again. She wore my hoodie so much it smelt like her. I continued to sniff the fabric. I couldn't stop. Her smell comforted me but made me heart-broken at the same time. That wonderful scent would soon faded away.

Soon enough I was full-on sobbing. She was ripped from my life in just a blink of an eye. I was never gonna see her beautiful face again or hold her in my arms and never let go. She was gone.

I sniffled, looking down at my wrist to see her small bracelet with beads on it. She gave it to me before she left. I twirled it around my wrist as tears dropped onto my cargo shorts and my arm.

Finally I was getting sleepy so I stood up and walked back into Y/n's bedroom. The place I felt safest at. I was instantly hit by a wave of her shampoo again and gummy worms along with sea salt.

I pulled my sluggish body over to her soft bed and kicked off my boots before crawling under the covers. It didn't feel right just laying there by myself. All alone.

So I grabbed a pillow and put it in front of my body. I cuddled into it, spooning the squishy pillow and draping my arms over it. I pictured it was Y/n. Cuddling like we always used to, keeping each other warm with our body heat. I was always the big spoon and she was always the little spoon cause I wanted to make sure she felt protected and safe with my arms around her securely.

I kissed the back of the pillow imagining it was the back of Y/n head. Tears came to my eyes once again. I wanted my girlfriend back right now. I would sell my soul just for her to come back to me. She was the only thing worth living for and now she was gone. Yanked out of my grip. There's no way I'd be able to love anyone else the way I loved that girl. She was my everything.

I buried my face into the fluffy pillow to let it absorb my tears. I laid there, not being able to sleep at all. I just couldn't. Eventually, the sun started peeking through the window.

I sighed as I sat up looking over at the absent spot on the bed next to me. My broken heart squeezed in my chest as I shook my head and looked away.

My bloodshot eyes landed on a picture of the crew that was pinned on a bulletin board, hung up on Y/n's wall. I stood up, my legs felt weak and shaky from all the running I did yesterday. I walked over to the bulletin board and plucked the polaroid off the wall. I remember at the beginning of the summer before Hurricane Agatha, Kiara had taken a bunch of pictures with her Polaroid camera and gave some to Y/n.

I looked at the picture in my hand. It was a picture that Kiara had taking on the boat. Pope and John b had their arms around each other shoulders, giving each other bunny ears as they made silly faces and then me and Y/n was in the back. I was holding her bridal style, pretending like I was getting ready to throw her in the water as I stuck my tongue out. We all looked so happy.

"JJ?"

I jumped at the voice, turning around quickly. My eyes bulged out of my head once I saw Y/n standing there in the doorway. I was losing my mind. I had to be. She was dead.

Her hair was a wreck and she had cuts and bruises all over her body. She was still wearing my t-shirt. She was soaked with water that was dripping off her body and into the floor.

I stared at her like she was a ghost. She was a ghost. She died last night in the tropical depression.

"Y/n?"

"Hey baby" she cooed, slowly stepping forward

"No...I'm going insane" I muttered, looking away from her and rubbing his temples. "You're dead"

"What? Why would you think that?" She laughed slightly, walking towards me again.

"No no no" I sobbed, beginning to cry again. "I lost you. You're not here"

"Baby, I'm right here" Y/n cooed before taking one last step and caressing my face with her cold wet hands which made me look at her. I stared at her in shock and disbelief. I could feel her soft hands. She was alive. She was right in front of me.

"Oh god, I thought I'd lost you!" I exclaimed my arms, immediately wrapped around her quickly, squeezing her tight. She did the same both of us holding onto each other for dear life. She was drenched with saltwater but I didn't care. "Don't leave me. Don't ever leave me again"

"Wouldn't plan on it" she mumbled, looking up and kissing my lips sweetly. I really needed that.

"Wait what—how'd you..." My voice trailed off, wondering how the hell she was here right in front of me.

"My life jacket. I floated until I realized where I was and I started swimming here" she panted leaning her head into my chest. "I don't know how I ended up here. Just luck I suppose"

"Thank god, you're okay" I grabbed her face, planting my lips on hers. I was never gonna let her out of my sight again. Never.

Slightly edited
Word count:1240