002

I sat crossed legged, hunching over my computer. I had my phone rested up against it, facetiming my best friend Ariadne.  All i could think about was that weird guy i met yesterday.

"watcha thinkin bout" Ariadne asked, playing with her hair.

"yesterday, after everything kicked off i went to this place and there was this strange guy there. but it doesn't matter im just overthinking it" I replied, shaking it off. I knew Ariadne wasn't gonna take this for an answer.

"and your only telling me now?! girl give me the deets before i come over and fight you" Ariadne rolled her eyes whilst smiling. One thing i love most about our friendship is our sense of humour.

"well it was weird because i never saw him when i got there and i never saw him come either. he just sorta appeared. but to be fair i was upset so maybe he was really there the whole time" I sighed, i was kinda rude to him. All he tried to do was see if i was okay and i replied by going home. "and he said 'i'll see you soon' like? what is that supposed to mean" I furrowed my eye brows and fiddled with my skirt. What if i do see him again?

"well maybe he knows you go there often and he said that because he thinks he might bump into you again?" Ariadne shrugged her shoulders. 

" i dont know, anyway i better get back to this homework. i'll call u later?" i replied.

"okay bye s!ut" and before i could get another word in,  Ariadne had disappeared from my screen. I put my glasses on and looked at the computer screen in front of me.

"𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯" 

I couldn't focus with everything on my mind at the moment, so i shut my laptop and put my dirty shoes on and made my way to my safe space. I should try and be nice to him this time, i didn't realise how rude i was yesterday. I treaded through the thick grass, you would've thought that after all the years that this place has been over grown that someone would come and sort it out. But no one did and i for one was very happy about it. Once i was there i looked around to see if he was here, my eyes scanned my surroundings. Nothing. 

"ugh" I sat down and picked some of the daisy's that'd grown where the grass was a bit shorter than the rest.

"were you looking for someone?" I recognised the voice immediately and turned my head to that direction. Yup, it was him. 

"no" shit, i forgot to be nice. "well kinda" i replied. He smiled and sat towards the right of me.

"so why're you here again?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at me.

"see i could lie but i decided i was being nice today. so im here because i kept thinking about what you said yesterday" He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head. "i'll see you soon?" Helping him understand.

"well im seeing you again right now" He smiled. I shook my head.

"but how were you to know that you would see me again" I questioned, he chuckled and fiddled with his shoe laces.

"it wasn't that serious, you said yesterday you're always here and i come here often so i knew i'd probably see you again. you're overthinking it" I nodded, still suspicious but giving in.

"what's your name?" i asked, i never got to yesterday because i was too busy being a bitch.

"alex, what's yours?" i thought for a second, of course i knew my name but i was confused because i've never really had someone be this nice to me after a not even a day of knowing me. AND i was an asshole to him.

"y/n, hey im sorry about yesterday i wasn't in a good place and-"

"it's fine, i understand" he smiled at me, giving a reassuring nod. Should i be worried about how nice he's being?

"so do you live locally? i figured if you ran here yesterday you didn't ran from far because you weren't too out of breath" Alex asked me.

"yeah actually, i live about 7 houses to the right of us" Alex looked in the direction i had just spoken and nodded his head slowly. "do you?" i asked back.

"yes, just a road away so its only a small walk for me" Alex had something about him where he made everything sound peaceful and i loved it. And before i could ask anything else, i felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I sighed before digging my hands in my pockets. who could be interrupting me the one time i dont want to be interrupted. I looked at the name displayed on my phone screen and rolled my eyes.

'ariad-knee' 

"you should probably get that" i looked up from my phone to see him flashing his smile at me again. And so i did.

"what" i said showing my frustration.

"woah, what's pulled the attitude?" ariadne questioned.

"you, im kinda busy right now" i replied, i raised my hand above my eyes so i could see alex properly.

"busy with what? please y/n, we're going out" ariadne laughed, for the first time i genuinely was busy.

"ariadne im busy" i repeated myself more firmly. I turned my head to see Alex shaking his head and telling me to go. I bit on my bottom lip, what if i never bump into him again? I want to talk to him more before he disappears.

"common y/nnnn" Ariadne dragged out the end of my name practically begging me.

"where do you want to go Ariadne?" I sighed. 

i really hope i see Alex again.

a/n : i should be studying for exams but im invested in this story pls.