Happier - LP

Hey y'all sorry i've been MIA recently. I am doing this imagine based on the song Happier by Olivia Rodrigo cause she's a queen and i'm obsessed with her new album . so it's gonna be angsty but fluff at the end bc i have way to many sad fics and ya know. i don't want y'all to have depression all the time. love y'all 🤍🤍🤍

******
You're friend are mine
You Know I know you've moved on
found someone new
one more girl who brings out the better in you
and i thought my heart was detached
buts she so sweet, she's so pretty
does she mean you forgot about me

It wasn't hard to see Luke was drawn to Julie. You couldn't blame him. If you were gay you'd probably go after her too. but you weren't. you kind of wished you were so you wouldn't have to see the one who still owned your heart give his to someone else.

Alex and Reggie always felt for you. They saw the looks you gave Luke as he was staring at Julie. It was almost as if he were ripping your heart out over and over again. The boys knew that. They also saw how fast you changed your facial features whenever luke talked to you. To him you were doing fine. What a lie.

You would be lying if you said you and Luke were still friends. In your eyes he only talked to you when need be. Otherwise it was Julie. You wanted to hate her. You really did. But it was impossible because of how sweet and kind she is. On the other hand in Luke's eyes he was talking to you equally as much as Julie. He still loved you. He just needed space. That's what he kept telling himself.

*******
"Nice practice guys. That last take— Amazing!" Julie exclaimed saying amazing in a sing song voice. You smiled and put your microphone back into the stand. You looked over at Luke and met his eyes staring back at you. For a split second you thought you saw the same sparkle in them that they held when you were dating. But as soon as you saw it, it was gone due to Luke turn his gave away from you and to Julie.

******

I hope your happy
Just not like how you were with me
I'm selfish I know
I cant let you go

You were sitting in the make shift rooms you and the boys made in Julies garage. You had wanted to talk to Alex and him knowing how you had been doing was happy to let you say whatever your heart needed.

"It's just so hard seeing him love someone else" You said looking at the ceiling to try and stop any tears from falling down your face. You hated crying, especially in front of people.

"I know it's hard babe. i'm so sorry." Alex said moving to sit closer to you.

You sighed and met Alex's eyes. "I want him to be happy I really do. I just don't want him to be happier,"

Alex opened his mouth to say something but you weren't done.
"I'm not done Alex keep your mouth shut,"

Alex gave you wide eyes but shut his mouth.

"Anyway as I was saying before. I want him happy, I just want to be the reason he is happy again. I want to be the reason he is so happy after practice, and the reason he writes his stupid sappy love songs, and i want to be the one who gets to write in his song book and make fun of him for the stupid lyrics, and I want to be the reason he smiles and calms down before every show. But i know since the break up and since Julie i'm not. It so selfish of me i know. I seem like the crazy ex who won't let him move on even though he love her. I just don't want to be replaced ya know?"

You were looking down at your lap playing with your fingers waiting for Alex to say something. When he didn't you looked up at him. He was staring behind you.

You waved your hand in front of his face. He snapped his attention back to you and gulped.

"Y/n what i wanted to say earlier. Was that uhm- Luke was behind you...... he still is."

Your eyes widened to the size of mars as you slowly turned around.

Sure enough there was Luke. He looked like he was about to cry.

He opened his mouth to say something but before he could say anything you poofed away.

*****

"God damnit" Luke yelled throwing his song book.

It had been 3 days since Luke heard you. 3 days since you left and haven't returned. 3 days of no one hearing from you. 3 days of Luke not being able to tell you how he felt.

"Luke, calm down." Julie said walking towards where Luke was sitting.

Luke shot up and pointed at Julie. "Don't" He yelled but then lowered his tone "Don't tell me to calm down. You. You are the reason she's gone."

Julie looked at Luke like he just smacked her across the face.

"You can NOT blame this on me." Julie said turning away and looking at the floor. "You hurt her just as much if not more than any of us." Julie screamed looking at Luke and pointing to where Alex and Reggie sat.

Luke sighed and nodded knowing she was right.

He didn't say anything as he poofed away determined to find you.

******

After an hour of searching he finally saw you figure on a pier on the ocean.

He walked up and sat next to you.

You saw him and were about to poof away again but he grabbed your wrist.

"Please don't run from me again."

You tensed but stayed where you were.

"What patterson."

Luke let go of your wrist and sighed.

"You know running before i got to tell you how i felt the other night wasn't very cool."

You looked back at the water refusing to make eye contact.

"Hey," Luke said softly taking ur chine with his hand gently turning it so you were looking at him.

"I still love you Y/n."

You brought your eye brows together making a confused face. "What-"

Luke cut you off by putting his lips on yours.

Almost as soon as there were there they were gone.

" I dont want to talk. just let me enjoy the feeling of my girl feeling the same again. i missed it. we can talk tomorrow." Luke said wrapping his arms around you.

********

Sorry if this sucks guys I haven't written in a long time. I also didn't proof read because i'm lazy. anyway :) hope you liked it.