there's a panic in you

"Listen, I just think you and him need to be alone together, work out some kinks. You know you both work well together. I-"

"I'm not going on a mission with Barnes again. You know what happened last time, never again." You sipped your tea, staring intently at Nat as she just beamed at you. She was sitting next to you at the table, mission reports scattered all over the top of it. You were both supposed to be going through and organizing them, but after about an hour that task was abandoned. She nodded as if she understood what you were saying, the smile leaving her face as she looked at you with blank emotion, but there was still mischief in her eyes. You feared what was coming when her mouth opened.

"I just know you want to take his pants off."

You did a spit take, the tea you had in your mouth now going across the paper on the table and running down your chin as you choke on what Nat just said. "I do not, why would you, Natasha!" You yell, pushing her out of her chair before reaching over for a napkin to wipe your face and neck. Nat just laughed as she hit the floor, giving her a glare as she gasped for air.

"What did you do to her?" Steve sounded disapproving as he walked into the room, standing across from you and Nat with his arms crossed He looked down at Nat and then back up at you, his eyes narrowing as Nat started to laugh. Bucky and Sam walked in behind him, engaged in some sort of argument before noticing the tea covered mission reports and the Russian spy on the floor. They quickly shut up, looking at Steve before their eyes went to flicker between you and Nat. You just sighed, standing up and helping up Nat as she came down from laughing, tears still in her eyes. She wiped the tears from her eyes as you sat back down, the three men across from you now sitting down too.

"All I did was tell Y/N the truth and she pushed me out of my chair." Nat said, sitting back down as well. You put your head in your hands, knowing exactly what was coming. "And what did you tell her Nat?" You could hear the smirk in Sam's voice. You lifted your head out of your hands, your eyes finding Sam's. You narrowed your eyes at him as Nat started to speak, his smirk turning into a wide smile.

"I told her that she wanted to-" You cut her off before she could finish that sentence. "She told me that I needed to ask Barnes if he wanted to be my partner for the mission. But I told her no." You turn your head, your eyes now set on Bucky as he looks everywhere but you. You just rolled your eyes, earning a snicker from Sam and Nat. Steve clapped his hands together, oblivious to what they were trying to do. "I think that would be a wonderful idea, you both haven't had a mission together in awhile." Steve smiled at you and Bucky and you gave him a weak smile back.

"Yeah cause last time we worked together, I almost died." You mumbled to yourself, pushing the wet reports away from you. Steve just sent you a look that said "that wasn't Bucky's fault."

Oh, but it was.

"They really do fit together well." Nat said with a smile, her head resting in her hand. Bucky just coughed awkwardly, making you look at him. A creep of red was threatening to spill out from his cheeks.

Wait, was he blushing?

You let out a groan, standing up from your chair and pushing Nat out of hers again. "Okay, this time that was rude." She mumbled as you walked away, Sam breaking out into laughter as Steve looked around confused. Bucky's eyes were set on you as you walked out of the room, his jaw flexing as he clenched it.

--

"So, you really don't want to work with Bucky? Even after he apologized?"

"Wanda, if you don't drop that subject right now, I'm gonna throw a knife at you."

You were down in the shooting range, using it to have enough space to throw knives at a dummy. You wanted some alone time, but that didn't last long when Nat and Wanda insisted you needed company. You had made your way down here after the little incident that afternoon, needing to let out some frustration.