chapter 11

(y/n)pov

I stood in there, in my living room pointing at a fucking knife with two fluffy ball too cute that couldn't even hurt a fly. And they were there, on the couch looking right into my eyes, and I strongly felt like they were thinking that I'm completely crazy, if they could talk, I'm sure they would tell me something like "the heck are you doing, you're good girl ??" .... I could read it in their eyes... I obviously lower my knife, I would not want to scare him or hurt my canine guest even more than he must be now. However, I kept repeating myself in my head 'I'm not crazy, I'm sure I heard people coming from below'.

As a very sensible and sane person, instead of calling the police like everyone else, the most logical thing to do when you are almost sure that there are people who have infiltrated your home. I obviously chose to explore alone my ground floor knife in hand, while I am as intimidating as a turtle on my back ... 'y/n, I swear you absolutely stupid, I swear to god!!! ' I was telling myself as I began to move slowly through the dark corridor, brutally opening every door that came before me, protecting myself behind my trembling knife. I really had to be ridiculous now if I wasn't already before, but at the moment it's not important, I'm focused on exploring every room of this house to be sure to be alone.

After searching every possible and imaginable hiding place in this house, and making sure to be alone with my animals, I returned to the living room. I would put my knife on the table in front of me before dropping myself on the couch that was back to the French window. I let my head rest on the backrest, closing my eyes and thinking back to what I heard on the stairs a little earlier. 'I really have to imagine things, maybe I'm crazy in the end' I was laughing a little. If someone was hiding in this house, I would have already found it since, I spent much of my childhood here playing hide-and-seek with my family. I know every hiding place, every corner of this house, but I can't help but feel like I'm not alone here.

"mew" I raised my head when I heard the called one from whom I was taken out of my thoughts. Sunshine sat down next to me looking at me with her big blue eyes full of stars. "You too think I'm crazy hmm?" I said to him with an amused voice as I reached out to him to see if they were receptive to petting, and unsurprisingly, he began to rub his head against my hand. While petting the little cat and purring, I looked away to watch the dog that was still lying in the couch in front of me. And he too looked at me, plunging his soft brown eyes into my (e/c) eyes. We stayed looking at each other for a moment that seemed longer than in reality, before I realized something. "Hey bud, I took painkillers just now when I was at the pet store! don't move I'm going to bring you some" I told him as I got up, stopped stroking the little cat, leaving him disappointed by the disappearance of my hand.

Once in the kitchen I took the box of medicine, and I took a small pill. I then took a pice of bread that was on the counter and put the stamp inside so that the dog could take it more easily, forcing him to take them, it's something I used to do with my dog when she was sick. And believe me when I tell you that she didn't really like being forced to take medication. After that I went to the young dog to introduce him to the piece of bread and this little on is getting closer and starting to sniff it. "Hold my friend, it will calm the pain" I tell him with a calm voice, the dog looked up after sniffing it, 'he must feel the cachet' I thought to myself when I saw him suspicious. I crouched down to put myself on the same level as him "don't worry, I promise you it's just a painkiller, nothing else" I told him trying to look as reassuring as possible.

The dog ended up taking the piece of bread and swallowed it quickly, I do not know if it is because he is hungry or he understood what I told him. In any case, the second option wouldn't even have surprised me anymore now that I'm living with Sunshine hehe. Considering how close the two are, it wouldn't be a big surprise if he was as smart as he was. Who knows maybe one day I would be able to understand what these two are saying? Once his food completely swallowed and after licking the lips, the dog rested his head on the couch and let out a sigh before closing his eyes. 'I sincerely hope that the drug will act fast' I thought to myself as I watched the animal lying in front of me. I can't help but wonder what happened to him, how could he get an injury like that? could it be its owner? but if that were the case, he would have a necklace or a tattoo?

I quickly stopped thinking too much when I heard my belly screaming at death, begging me to feed it. All these adventures made me forget why I had originally come down. So I headed to the kitchen and took a plate from a closet where I put rice that I had made the day before. I then took out a pan to make me a small omelet to accompany my rice, the story of having a lunch a little more fun. As my plate warmed up, I poured my omelet into the hot pan and added some spices, and once cooked, I put it on my hot rice. Well, I clearly could not be a cook, but I know it's edible, it's already that!!

I settled on the kitchen table, not wanting to disturb the dog who must surely be sleeping in the living room. The house was quiet, without any noises, without any voice, I thought again from what I had heard earlier. I was sure I had heard at least two different voices, one more serious than the other, but certainly two male voices. And for the umpteenth time of the day, my thoughts were interrupted by the meowing sunshine who was seated in front of me on the table. I was so focused that I didn't see him climbed onto the table. I blinked several times to put the ideas back in place, and I gave all my attention to the little cat in front of me. "What are you doing here hm?" I said to him with a smile on his lips, but unfortunately, I still do not understand the cat, however, seeing him staring at my plate, I quickly understood that he wanted to eat. Obviously, an omelet is more appetizing than cat kibble.

I got up from my chair and opened the closet to take out a small plate and took a small portion of his plate to give it. Barely in front of him, he began to devour his food, it had become a limit become a habit between him and me, every time I ate, he was there and demanded his share. And watching him eat, I continued to dip my fork in my rice.

"I feel like I'm going to have a complicated week"

Hello my dear readers, I am back, I have finally finished all my exams, I am released and on vacation.

I will try to make a small chapter reserve to publish them even when I am not at home.

I wish you a happy holiday for those who are there and good luck for those who work/are at school

And also, thank you so much for reading my story, I continue to have more and more reader and it makes me happy, my story can please other person in the end.

Love love