𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏【 a fruitless attempt 】

❝︎ keudael saranghagin haesseotna bwayo
aryeo oneun i gaseumi naege malhaeyo
heureuneun sigane nareul matgimyeon
eonjen gan amureohji anheul nari ogetjyo ❞︎

(i guess i really did love you
my aching heart tells me
if i trust myself to the ticking time
some day, i'll be fine)

- “Sleep a Little More by Kim Greem.

★★★

4 days

4 days.

Four working days had gone by and Fizza was still ignoring Shahveer. Maybe 'ignoring' wasn't the right word to describe her actions. She would greet him when they meet, wave him a goodbye when they clock off, all that too with a smile. But that'd be it.

She'd use her phone during breaks. Joke a bit with Haroon and Daneen yet when Shahveer speaks up she wouldn't take part in the conversation much. She wouldn't look in his direction. She knew he was noticing her every action and that made her all the more infuriated. In her given circumstances, it was hard to understand his reasons, his reason for paying extra attention to her, and the more days pass, the more grumpy she was becoming.

Moreover, as if her temper wasn't enough for the people around her to become concerned, she asked her mother to tell the matchmaker Aunty to send the people, who wanted to meet her, for dinner. She had refused to meet them before, saying she wasn't ready for marriage or something even close to that, but now she thought of giving it a try. Maybe it'll help her to not think of a certain person all day long.

"You did what?!" Daneen practically yelled and Fizza motioned her to keep her voice low as they were in the car with the driver.

"It's not that serious, okay? Just a meeting for me to consider somethings? I didn't even send them my picture." She tried to reason, for she herself knew the decision was unlike her to an unhealthy extent.

Fizza loved attending weddings and seeing couples getting all shy while taking photographs. She was a sucker for romantic stuff. However, when it came to her own romance, she wasn't too ecstatic about it. When thought about it deeply, her view of marriage was unable to include noble traits such as loyalty, respect and understanding.

Maybe, it was because of her eldest sister's marriage that almost collapsed once or her own sole past relationship, she couldn't point out the reason, but love, marriage and commitment scared her. The scariest of all was submission. She was frightened of admitting love to someone and getting rejected in return. But, she also was not one to admit that fear in front of anyone. Well, she had yet to do so.