chapter seven

★★☆★★

★★☆★★

I walked into the dressing room with a big smile on my face and I've jumped on Ella, who was waiting for me next to one of the mirrors.

"Ok, ok, I love you too, but we need to hurry." She said and looked at me. "Oh my god, Cora you look stunning!" tears showed up in her eyes.

"Yeah, I know," I said cockily

"And what's with the attitude?" she laughed. I wanted to answer but she hasn't let me. "Don't say anything. That's you." She said looking at me. "I've missed this version of you." She told me and I hugged her again.

"I know, I'm happy to be back," I said while she sat me on the stool and started doing my make-up. "Why are you doing this?" I've asked surprised. We had a whole team.

"Luke was kinda furious and took everyone." I saw sadness in her eyes, but it disappeared after a moment. "But it's not a problem, I'm still better than everyone." I laughed and she smiled wildly. "Just telling the truth."

"I know"

★★☆★★

"Hey, Cora!" I heard and turned around to see Efendi coming my way.

"Hi, Ef!" I smiled and hugged the girl. We went out together a couple of times and she was so nice and funny that we instantly clicked.

"You look beautiful! This hair colour definitely suits you." She smiled and I've thanked her. "But tell me, why now? The day of the Grand Final?" she asked curiously.

"Today my contract ended and I thought that it would be a good idea." I smiled and she just nodded. "Guess what?" she looked at me with questioning eyes. "Tix is coming here." she started to calm down her hair and I just laughed at her.

"Hi Efendi, Coraline," he smiled and we greeted him. "I really like the hair colour" he pointed and me. I wanted to say something in response, but I heard Ella's voice.

"Coraline come here, you need to change!" I laughed.

"Sorry, I need to go or she'll go off the edge," I explained to the pair and waved them goodbye leaving them together. I totally ship it.

"I'm here," I said and Ella turned to me.

"Thank god! Fast, you need to put on your clothes and then the crew will put all those wires that you'll need. After all, you are first!" she said on one breath.

"Yeah, I know, I'll kill it," I said and she smiled wildly.

"Oh, I know you will."

★★☆★★

"Let the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 begin!" I've heard the scream and prepared myself. "And tonight England and Pretty Reckless will be the first one to perform!" There was a lot of applause and screams and I heard a bell ring which was starting my whole performance. Then the drums came in and I went on the stage with the beat.