Shoto Todoroki - Vent on rainy day

This is a request I got in my YouTube comments on my last one shot!

I hope they see it... 👀

Btw this is the future, in where you and Shoto are both Pros, and Izukus first, Boom boom Boy's second, and your lovely Shoto is third, about to kick Bakuhoe ass out of second! Just a reminder for the story.

Not me realizing 1,000 words in how slow burn this is. Warning, it's more of a story, aha...

---

NARRATOR POV

It was late day, evening, about 4 pm. You had just finished your hero work, yet your boyfriend, Pro Hero Shoto, wasn't. Since he was now about to take over the second spot, he had to work even harder.

You were having a very stressful day, one full of anxiety and rage. You were generally concerned for your future, and where it could take you. You wanted to be a top-five hero, oh so badly, but you were currently sixth. Right behind the Big Three, who were still Nejire, Mirio, and Tamaki (A/N Sorry not sorry).

You decided maybe cooking would get your mind off things, so you made soba, Todoroki's favorite. You knew he'd probably be home in a few hours, so, you made it completely by scratch — the noodles and everything. Maybe this will stop your brain from thinking about bad things, maybe.

After you made the noodles and started boiling them, you started on the vegetables. As you chopped mushrooms, broccoli florets, peppers, edamame beans, scallions, and garlic, noticed how dull your knife was becoming. So, after you had cut them, you worked on sharpening the said knife. To be more specific, it was a paring knife, so it was quite small. Mid-sharpen, you happened to accidentally cut your hand. Shit, you thought, having to stop sharpening so you didn't get metal in your skin.

You ran your hand under warm water, cursing softly to yourself. Of course, today of all days, you had to accidentally cut your hand. The wound wasn't big or deep, just enough to piss you off. The water hissed, and, you know water doesn't hiss in a pot. You looked over to see it over-boiling, spilling over the pot. "God damn it —" you cussed, going to turn down the stove, accidentally knocking over the freshly cut vegetables.

"Fucking hell, god fucking damn it...!" You yelled, your hand still bleeding slightly. You started to tear up, as you hear the front door open and close. You immediately knew it was Shoto, who wasn't supposed to be home for another hour or so. You, for the nth time that night, curse again, cleaning up the vegetables off the floor.

Shoto silently entered the kitchen, and noticed you, hurriedly cleaning up. "Dear, are you alright?"

"O-oh, Shoto! You... weren't supposed to be home for another hour..." you got up, looking him in the eyes.

"You're right, but they let me off early. I heard you yelling from down the hall. Is everything okay?" 

"Uhm, yeah. Just... trying to make dinner!"

"Do you need help—"

"No! No, I'll be alright..."

"You don't sound so sure."

"Well... I am," you looked away, turning off the stove.

"Y/N, are you lying to me?"

"Hmm? N-no, why would I?"

"Why would you stutter, then?"

"Because... Because I'm tired?" You turned to face him yet again.

"Why'd that come out as a question?" He half-smiled.

"Why are you questioning me?" You said a bit angrily.