:Part 11:

Annabeth pushed the submit button as if it was the last thing she wanted to do on earth. She let out a breaths he hadn't realized she was holding after the screen said...

Thank you. Your application has been submitted. 

A few streets down Percy was doing the same thing. He struggled to complete the application on his own because well, dyslexia, not cool. His mom ended up helping him finish the rest that he and Annabeth didn't complete. When he pressed the button he felt relief. 

He and Annabeth still haven't talked since that day in the hallways after Percy was all beaten up. Luckily though his face healed quickly except for one little scar on his cheek. It was barely noticeable. His mom came into his room and congratulated him. 

"I invited the Chase family over for dinner tonight." She said as if it were no big deal. 

Percy's eyes grew wide and he jumped up out of his chair. 

"MOM! YOU WHAT?!" 

"Percy, just becasue you and Annabeth don't talk doesn't mean us parents aren't." She winked and left his room. 

Percy then felt a rush of panic, fear, happiness that they would be forced to talk, and a dozen other emotions he couldn't name at the moment.

~~~~

The news wasn't exciting to Annabeth. She did not want to go but she felt bad saying no to Sally. So when her parents told her she acted as if she were happy. She didn't want to see Percy. Not after what he did.

What made her feel the worst about it was the fact that Rachel had won. After years of competition Annabeth had finally admitted her defeat. Rachel won, she lost. Then there was the fact that Percy was talking to her. It all just didn't add up well in her book. She dressed herself in casual yellow dress that went to just above her knees and had buttons. She had been the the Jackson's house so many times she could show up in her pajamas and it would be normal. 

When they got there Annabeth stayed behind her parents. 

"Come in!" Sally said opening the door. She gave Annabeth a hug as she walked in. 

Annabeth was a little nervous, seeing Percy and all. They hadn't talked in almost 4 weeks now. It was now late April. 

Percy rushed downstairs but for some reason wasn't expecting to see Annabeth right there. He knew she was gonna be there but he just forgot somehow. 

"Hey." He said. 

The adults had gone to the dining room leaving the two teens alone by the front door.

"Hi." She said back. She didn't have any emotion, her words were clear.

"Can we talk?" He asked while praying she was going to say it was okay. 

"No, we should probably go..." She motioned to the dining room and then walked away. The tone in her voice was strong and almost a little angry, or even annoyed.

Percy followed after her and they sat on opposite ends of the table. She didn't look at home once. The parents talked but Annabeth wasn't exactly expecting any questions for herself. 

"So Annabeth, you going to go to New Rome if your accepted?" Paul asked. 

Annabeth set down her fork and sat up straighter. It was a weird thing she did whenever she was about to talk, maybe it's because ballet had taught her her poise. She would always straighten up before speaking.

"Well maybe. Probably not though. Since my injury is preventing me from going to auditions I'll probably audition next year. No point in going to college to only drop out one year in."