Chapter 8

I woke up with a start, sitting straight up suddenly. I looked around and recalled that I was in Hell. I stood and went to the window. The shop with the ad for drugs was still there, but it seemed to be not so busy right now. I rubbed my eyes and saw some clothes on the desk and a towel. I picked them up and examined them.

One was a ripped t-shirt which basically was just a crop top now and a skirt. I sighed and decided to wear the same shirt from yesterday. Since I did shave for the concert there was no issue with wearing the skirt. But for my age, it was a bit cringy to consider wearing a crop top.

I grabbed the clothes and made my way to the bathroom. On my way there I strained my ears for any noise but didn't hear anything. I took a quick shower and went for Blitzo's shampoo as Loona's smelled weird. When I exited the shower I opened the drawers to look for a hairbrush. Finding one, I began to style my hair.

A knock on the door made me jump. "Loona hurry the fuck up!" Blitzo shouted. "I have to take a major dump!" I put the hairbrush back in the drawer and opened the door.

"Sorry," I apologized sheepishly.

"Oh Esperanza," he looked at me. He put his hands on my shoulders making my breath hitch subconsciously. I blinked as he pushed me aside without a word and slammed the door to the bathroom. I released my breath and walked back to the room.

I debated on whether to go to the kitchen or to wait in the room. My stomach growling decided for me. When I stepped in, Loona was at the sink cutting some fruit. "Want some?" she asked.

"Sure," I nodded. She grabbed two handfuls and put them in a bowl, handing them to me.

"You should have put on the shirt," she stated eying me. "The skirt shows off your legs well enough but you have some nice cleavage hidden away."

"I'm too old for a crop top," I chuckled, waving her off. "I always disliked women who try to dress younger than their age."

"How old are you?" Loona asked, ears perking up.

"33," I answered.

Loona lifted up my shirt making me yell out in surprise. "You wouldn't look bad in the top," she said. "It matches well with the skirt."

"Fine," I pulled my shirt down in embarrassment. "If you won't do that again I'll wear the damn top." Loona laughed while I ran to the room to change.

Upon reentering the kitchen, Blitzo was now seated and eating some fruit from his own bowl. It was accompanied by a horse mug. I tried not to laugh looking at it. Blitzo looked at me and said, "You changed your shirt."

"Y-yeah," I mumbled out nervously. "Loona says it goes better with the skirt."

"It does," he agreed, going back to eating. Loona joined us at the table and was glued to her phone like yesterday night. "We gotta leave in 30 minutes."

"Mmm," Loona hummed.

"Am I coming?" I questioned.

"You'll be with Loona while we go work," Blitzo answered. "You guys will be in the office all day so I suggest you bring a book."

"Ok." We ate in silence. I began to drum my fingers on my lap as I finished most of the fruit. I was really missing having a phone. When I finished eating I retreated to the room and went back to reading Sense and Sensibility.

The door opened after a while and Blitzo stuck his head in. "Grab your shit we're leaving," he announced energetically. "And I brought you the book I mentioned last night." I blinked having forgotten about it. He placed it in my hands and moved towards the door. "I'll wait in the van, cover your face getting in so the neighbors don't see you. Loona should have a jacket or something."