Chapter 17

“Ga-ga, come on,” George opened the door for me and I walked through it. I tried walking away but he grabbed my hand and led me towards the office. ”Tsk-tsk, office is this way my dear.” He pulled me into a room with two secretaries in it.

“Good morning, how can I help you?” Mrs. Daily, as the name plate read, questioned with a rude tone.

“Why yes beautiful, I was wondering if possibly we could get ma’ladies schedule?” He then did a perfect bow as if he had been raised 90 years ago instead of 18.

“Don’t mock me sunny, what’s your name sweetheart?” She said typing away at the computer with her scary bird like claws she called hands.

“Tracy Hudson.” George answered for me. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just shrugged.

“Well nice to meet you Tracy but I do believe I was asking the quiet young lady behind you,” his cheeks reddened slightly and the lady looked at me. “Well, out with it darlin’ I don’t have all day..” And she resumed typing.

“Um, Tracy Hudson,” I shifted my weight to my left foot and rubbed my arm. Why was it so cold in here? And Tracy! Seriously, how old am I, Thirty!

“Same name, no wonder you two are friends.” And she started chuckling to herself. George just   reddened more. She printed a paper out and grabbed a map. As she explained how I would get to all my classes I looked out the window, George would pay attention. It had started raining slightly and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that.

“Ok, well off you go. Have a nice day Tracy,” she said with a grin at George. He grabbed my hand and sulked out.

“Whoa, whoa Tracy calm down. You’re walking a little fast for me.” I said grinning up at him. He stopped and pushed me up against the locker so fast my breath caught.

He leaned in close to my face and whispered “Don’t tease me Tracy, cause I could give you a really bad reputation on your first day,” Then he pecked me on the lips and continued dragging me down the hall. I was shocked, what just happened? He kissed me! He doesn’t like being embarrassed in public?? What was that!!!!

“What the heck was that!” I shouted and stopped. His face grew red as he looked at the people staring.

“What are you staring at? Get to class!” He snapped at them and then turned to me, “Listen Ga-ga, lower your voice ok? We’ll talk about it later.” Then he grabbed my hand and started walking.

“Fine,” I said sulking behind him. How do I feel? I don’t know… Ugh whatever. Ohh, who is that? I stopped and stared as he moved away from his locked. George turned around to see what I was doing and saw me staring.

“What are you doing?” He snapped at me.

“Admiring the view at my school. Why? Are you jealous?”

“Definitely not of him, hahaha. You have fun trying but don’t forget.” He said smiling down at me.

“Forget what?” I furrowed my eye brows in confusion.

He pushed me against the wall so fast my breath caught again and kissed me on the cheek, “That I’m your man baby.” Then quickly he kissed my lips and began walking without me. I looked over at what’s his name, surprise plain on my face, and saw him looking at me. He had seen the kiss. Dangit. Then I followed George, where else was I to go?

I went through my whole yoga class with George on my left, and three other guys surrounding me. I walked with George to our second period. Woot woot time for English.

Hey guys, lets write a paper on Julius Ceasar. Oh goody, and while we're at it. Shoot me in the face. Anywho that painful part of the day finally passed and then came Government. I just love learning about a whole bunch of dead people woooh. Gosh, this day just keeps getting better and better And the final class of the day before three off campuses and lunch is Theatre.

That class was actually ok. They're all... a bit. I don't know, Friendly? They introduced themselves to me and instantly allowed me into their social groups. What is wrong with these people? They are all so nice and they're hilarious. This class is full of laughter and even the teacher was joining in on the fun.

We played a whole bunch of games in there and acted. I talked to a few of the people and they told me that Theatre is a place where you can temporarily escape the outside drama of the world. You could become some one different and you’re not judged on it. I've decided that when I get home I'll join theatre.

At lunch George held my hand and walked me to the car. We could leave because it was useless to stay any longer. I still hate him but on the other hand I don't. He's not bossy he's just a turd. I don't like like him he's... he's just almost Friendly. He is probably a drama geek.

We drove 'home' and I was escorted to 'my' room. I want to scream and cry and just die but I can't. No matter how hard things seem there is always some one who has it worse off. My momma always said that you have to be strong because if your not, they win and even if it doesn't seem like it at first your a winner. Every breath you take is a blessing even if it hurts and its hard and life just plain sucks. It's easier to give up, but it's worth it to keep fighting and be able to say 'I fought, and I won!'

“George, I’m Hungry!” I shouted and cried silently into my pillow. He cracked the door open.

“What would you..” He paused when he saw took a step in and said “are you ok?”

“Yes… Tell Pest I want what I wanted when I first got here! And go away.” I threw my pillow at him and he stepped out and shut the door.

I got up and began pacing, my anger slowly growing. I wasn’t so angry at them but at myself.. I had had multiple chance to leave and I didn’t. Did I want to stay? No, I just don’t want to leave them… I would miss them. That’s terrible! I started shaking and that’s when Pest walked in. He dropped something on my bed and ran to me. He grabbed me and held me, “What can I do sweety?” he whispered hugging me.

“Give me the key to the lock, you know. The one you guys used and threw away..." I whispered as a tear escaped.

"I can't do that and I'm really sorry,” I pushed myself away from him and walked to the table. I stared for a minute at the lamp, mesmerized by its shape and intricate design. I picked it up in my left hand still staring mesmerized.  One year ago today I would have gotten this angry but would have controlled myself and set it down. Not now. I lost it, I put the lamp in my right hand and chucked it at the wall. It shattered!

I finally had control over something! I picked up my remote and chucked it, then the laptop. Pest just stared, clearly shocked. Then I realized what I was doing and dropped the snow globe I had in my hand. Pest grabbed me and sat me down, holding me close. Then I realized I was crying, but I had no control. I just sat there staring and the tears flowed. I didn’t feel anything for once, and it was peaceful.

After a while I felt some feeling again and felt like sleeping. “I think I’m ok now..” And stood up again.

"I'm here for you if you need me, you just need to know i have limitations not because it's my job but because I have a debt and I Have to. I'm just as much a prisoner as you..." He squeezed my hand and then dropped it. Then I saw it and a flutter went through my abdomen. It was Heavenly and fat and perfect.

It was Wienerschnitzel.