Misery Loves Company.

A/n : A oneshot I wrote because I was bored and feeling angsty.

Beiguang and Jeanlisa are my fav ships, fruity as mf's.
___

"We're the newest members of the broken hearts club."
"And we all kind of hate it but it's easier than love."

Modern AU

Love, something Beidou had felt many times. Yet never got returned. She kept her lofty facade to mask her despair. Nobody has ever seen the real Beidou, and she wanted it to stay that way. Forever and always, the facade shall stay until the day she dies.

Until she meets someone that changes her life completely.

______________

Beidou grumbled, her eyes twitching as the sun shone on them. She spewed out incoherent whispers as she opened her eyes just to be blinded. "Curse you, you little ball of gas." Beidou huffed, standing up from her bed and pushing her glasses on. She despised wearing spectacles with all her heart. She slithered into the bathroom, taking her glasses off to apply a small amount of make-up, she wasn't a big fan of it anyways. She carefully slipped on her work attire, careful to not get her make-up smudged. She swung her messenger bag over her shoulder and made her way out of her front door, locking it and entering her car. She shifted the messenger bag into her passenger seat, grabbing the steering wheel and turning her key carefully and starting her drive to her office building.

______

Beidou parked her car in the wide and spacious parking lot. She grabbed her bag and slithered out her car, slamming the door and locking it. She turned on her heel and made her way to the large clear doors. She flung the doors open with a little force, smiling at the first person she saw and waving at them. "Mornin'!" She slithered to the second floor, startling the other occupants of the building. "Beidou, you startled me." Jean gasped, sighing into her coffee cup. "Cmon, I do this everyday, you should be used to it by now." Beidou fell into her chair, placing her bag on the floor. "It still catches me off guard." The blonde huffed, moving her fingers back to her keyboard. Beidou chuckled, getting to work before she was scolded.

______

Beidou was notorious for overworking, (Jean was too, but she would usually go home to do the rest of the work, she was soon caught by Lisa though. Beidou could see how that went out, as the next day the two were dating, judging by their intertwined fingers.) And today was no exception for her. She tapped the last key, sighing in relief as she had finally hit her daily goal.

At Least 25 or 30.

She had done 30, yet she felt like she could go even farther. She contemplated to herself, she could work even more and go to bed even more exhausted than she already was, or she could just finish up this one last paper and then go home.

She chose the latter.
In the next 30 minutes Beidou knew she couldn't confine herself to just one paper, as she had finished 10, spell checking them all and reviewing each for perfect documentation.

She stretched her fingers out, about to start typing on a new document, before a hand interrupted her movements. She turned, the fingers were familiar, Beidou was slightly startled, yet not enough to make her jump like Jean had. "Beidou, how many documents have you finished?" Ningguang raised an eyebrow at her. Beidou turned to her computer, trying to find out how much she did. "About 40, why?" She took a sip of her coffee, the bitter-sweet taste washing up in her mouth.
"It's 1:37, Beidou. Go home, I can tell fatigue will catch up with you soon."
Ningguang sighed, taking her hand off Beidou. "Hmph, since when did you care?" Beidou grumbled, continuing to work and ignoring Ningguang's words. "As your boss I am responsible for what happens in this office, and having one of my employees fainting here due to fatigue wouldn't be a good look for the company, now would it?" Beidou scoffed, turning her computer off in defeat. "I'll just work at home then." She whispered to herself, her nose scrunched up slightly as she took her bag into her palm. "I have eyes and ears all around this place, and you're not working at home, I'll make sure of that." Ningguang's eyes narrow. "Oh and how are you going to do that? Chain me down and keep me there for all of eternity?"