☆~Soon~☆

⚠️T.W. Abuse, guns, blood⚠️

~Peter Parker's P.O.V.~☆

All I could think of is how soon it would be till I started patrol. Each and every night I waited desperately for the sun to set so I could start. May had beaten me harder than usual, meaning I was in much more pain. An aching chest (which was probably from the repeated kicks), a cut across the bridge of my nose (from when she hit me with a broken beer bottle) and a fractured wrist were all stinging in pain while I waited.

It was late February, and a cold breeze came in through my open window as I waited. The sun was starting to set as I layed on my bed listening to music, drowning out all other noise.

May barged in. I bolted upright and pulled my headphones down as she started to yell.

"GET IN THAT DAMN KITCHEN AND MAKE DINNER!" May screeched and threw a shoe at me. I ducked my head as to make the shoe miss me. It hit the wall behind my bed as I got up, leaving my phone and headphones behind.

My chest heaved in pain as I slowly walked towards the messy kitchen. I pulled out 2 hot dogs for May, as usual I wasn't allowed to eat so I didn't get anything for me. I cooked the hot dogs and prepared two buns. After I was done I gave them to May while she sat on the couch.

I hastily walked back to my room, pain stabbing at my body. I layed back on the bed and set an alarm for three hours. In three hours it would be 9:00 pm and May would be passed out from being so drunk. I placed my phone down and closed my eyes, drifting into sleep before patrolling the city once again.

☆~Later~☆

My alarm buzzed at 9:00 pm.as I had set it for then. I quickly shut it off and crept out of my room to check on May. Ignoring the aches in my body I peaked around the corner and saw her passed out on the couch. After carefully creeping back to my room I quickly changed into my suit. My A.I. Karen hummed to life.(Peter made his own suit by finding parts and saving money for the material. He has never met Tony, spidey or not.)

"Hello Peter." Karen spoke inside my mask as I crawled out the window and swung onto the roof.

"Hey Karen. Any crime around?" Karen informed me that there wasn't anything at the moment so I swung around patrolling until I found something.

By 12:00 am I had stopped three muggings, two kidnappings and five people from stealing.

"Karen, is there anything else?" I asked while sitting on the edge of a building, swinging my legs in a happy mood.

"There is a bank robbery two blocks away" I jumped up and started swinging off in the directions Karen had given me.

I swung in through the broken glass window and knocked one of the three guys over onto his back. My spidey sense was going crazy, telling me to move in every direction. I jumped onto the roof and back down to knock one of the guys out. The remaining two both had guns held up to me. I pulled one of the guys guns away with my webs. Just as I was doing that my spidey sense screamed at me to move but I wasn't fast enough.

Hahaha I'm leaving you on a cliffhanger. Have fun wondering what happens. >:)

I'm kidding. I'm not that mean.

The remaining guy that still had a gun pulled the trigger while the gun was pointed at me. A bullet entered my lower left abdomen. I gasped in pain and tried to move before I could get shot again, but I was too slow. Another bullet entered my body, in my right thigh. A third bullet grazed my shoulder just before I webbed up the criminal. I scribbled a short note and used a pay phone to call the cops.

Heavily breathing with thick crimson blood flowing down my legs and side, I shot a web and pulled myself on top of a building. I collapsed in pain and pulled out my phone, checking the time I saw that it was 1:00 am. I pulled myself up and webbed to the building that I kept a stash of bandages and medical supplies on. I collapsed back down, pulling up my phone app I typed in a number, Ned's number. Only it wasn't Ned's number.

Ok guys I tried to make this as long as I could but I wanted to leave on a cliffhanger of shorts so I'm ending this chapter here. Till next time. Bye.

Published: June 6th 2021

☆~Hollow~☆