We Broke Up

Chapter 1

We Broke Up

June 22, 2 days after your birthday, I decided to break up with you. Not because I'm tired of fighting for you but because I love you that much to think of a future with you. I wanted to make things right for us and our relationship because I was hoping that someday my parents will accept you and we will be able to live a happy life together without any complications. I know what I was about to do will come crashing down on me but I needed to do it. I needed to do this for you. Before I called you to tell you the words I don't really wanted to say, I called your mom and explained to her everything. She was the one who's there standing for us when everyone else just seems to disappear. So I thought informing her the real reason why I will do that will lessen the burden that I am facing. For me, she's like my real second mother and I am really thankful to her. I told her about my decision and the real reason why I have to break up with you. During that time I thought that my decision was right for us. When days passed by, I realized that leaving you was the worst decision I ever made. I made the wrong choice. I should've stayed with you but if I do my mom will just hate you more. There's no minute passed that I wouldn't think about you. How are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? Do you think about me too? Do you miss me? Cause me, I miss you that damn much. I changed my number a lot of times but I will still end up trying to call or text you hoping that I get back with you even though I knew too well that I couldn't, not because I don't want to but because I should not. I tried hard to ignore my pain each passing day thinking that I'm doing this because I wanted to be with you again in the future. I cry myself to sleep then I'd still cry when I woke up. There were those times that I was checking my phone in the middle of the night hoping to read a text message from you, but I knew I was hoping for the impossible because the truth is you don't even know my number. Sometimes I feel so pathetic and helpless crying for no reason. It's funny how I would find myself crying when I am looking at our pictures. I even play the video you made for me for the nth time now and it still made me cry so much that I can barely breathe. Time passed by I met new friends. Guess what? I'm still not over you. I still talk about you whenever I'm talking with my friends. I always tell them how happy we were and how you make efforts for me. When my 18th birthday came, I was hoping that I could get even just a message from you. I really felt sad when that day ended and you didn't even greet me. I waited until the midnight thinking that maybe you were just busy the whole day but I ended up being disappointed and crying myself to sleep again. That time I told myself that maybe I must start moving on. Maybe you were that busy to forget about my birthday. Yes, I was happy being with my friends but at the end of the day I will find myself crying because I'm missing you so much. So much that I couldn't bear the pain.