chapter 2 : all this for what?

Katsuki's pov :

Katsuki's pov :

It was English class with Mic Sensei but to be honest I was not listening to him at all. The nerd has been acting weird since the morning he has been coughing a lot and not like normal coughs of cold but like suffocating coughs which can actually make a person worried. Well yes i was worried for him, why? well thats something i wont like to tell now.

while Mic sensei was teaching, that nerd suddenly stood up from his chair coughing vigorously and started running out of the class without looking back or explaining anything. His friends started calling out for him. I saw pink cheeks and icyhot running behind him. And then i did too actually- Well hell yea we followed him. We were worried for god's sake.

LORD HE CAN RUN! WHEN DID HE GET SO DAMN FAST THAT ALSO WITHOUT USING HIS QUIRK. He ran inside the boy's washroom and closed the door before we could reach him. We thought it was some sort of emergency so we decided to give him some time but after sometime we heard a loud thud. Well that for sure sounded like he fell on the floor to me. I think brokeraka and 2-for-1 thought that too. They started banging the door screaming for him to open it.

The situation for was too much for me to comprehend. Daddy issues came to me and shook my wide-eyed self by my shoulders and said "Bakugo please ask him to open the door. He might listen to you! please! I don't think he is alright in there". That brought me back to reality. I pushed candycane and anti-gravity girl out of my way and and screamed out "OI DAMN NERD, OPEN THE DOOR FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, PLEASE" . There was no answer again. I had enough i didn't care about the stupid school policies anymore and i just broke down the door.

There he was. Lying there on the cold bathroom floor in a pool of .... blood. What happened? my body is not moving. His dull emerald eyes staring holes in my crimson ones, he struggled to choke up a sentence "w-why ka-kacchan why? w-why NOW?". What does he mean by this? what is going on? His beautiful eyes slowly closed while uttering those words. That closure gave my body the queue to move.

I ran up to him along with the others and tried to wake him up. Shaking him like my own life depended on it. Then i noticed- flower petals. The floor , his face, his hands everything has flower petals. I looked around just to find a sink full of now withered orange-hued poppy flowers. Flowers...blood... suffocating coughs...did..did he have- looking at the amount of it.. this isn't something that has started recently.

Tears threatening to fall down my eyes i screamed at them, "ICYHOT GO INFORM ABOUT THIS TO MIC SENSEI AND PINK CHEEKS BRING AIZAWA SENSEI AND ALL MIGHT HERE, NOW!". They ran out of the washroom leaving us alone. His almost lifeless body representing nothing but sorrow and pain to me. His head on my lap. My uniform covered in crimson. And all i could think was his face when we used to play together when we were younger.

I remember going stargazing with him and our parents. He looked so beautiful under the moonlight. The glow in his eyes were like that of the moon and the stars. His presence as warm, welcoming and safe as a blanket in a winter night. His voice as sweet as the melodies of the winds. I didn't think of these stuff back then , i just thought of him as a weak being who needed protection all the time , i don't anymore , i want to treasure him , make him feel valued, treat him the way i should have treated him all these years but there he was lying there not moving.

Without knowing ,salty tears started escaping my eyes blurring my vision. I swear Izuku please talk to me. I just want to talk to you. If you wanted to know, no i don't hate you, i never did. Please just wake up. I'll treat you right i promise... please for me..for us.. I saw deku's breath hitching as if he was giving up. I screamed. I screamed in agony, pain, guilt , anger . i kept screaming "WAKE UP YOU NERD! PLEASE WAKE UP!" i repeated it again and again. He wasn't waking up! WHY WASNT HE WAKING UP?!

I was so concentrated in getting him to wake up that I didn't notice that the others have arrived. I saw kirby and icyhot and the rest of the class there along with Aizawa sensei , Present Mic, All Might and a bunch if medical staff with Recovery Girl . Mr.Aizawa tried to take deku away from me. I cant let him go. Not yet. I cant let them take him away knowing that he might not come back.

I held onto his arm with all my strength. I brought him close to my chest hugging him with the intention of never letting him go. I CAN'T LET HIM GO FOR GOD'S SAKE. Shitty hair came forward and sat beside and pulled me apart by saying "Hey hey Bakugo, you should let him go. I mean he'll at least have a chance if he goes to the medics. please, please let him go" . Tears were flowing down his eyes too. His words made sense to me. I was being selfish but i Also dont want him to leave but i had to be strong.

I let him go. With every ounce of my mental strength i let him go. They took him away. They...they.. took him away from me- was.. he going to ..come back? After they left with deku i didn't have any fight left in my body. I fell on my knees clutching my shirt while i cried and screamed just for him to come back and hold my hand like he did when I was sad when we were kids.

Shitty Hair bent down and hugged me, saying sweet nothings into my ears to calm me down. The image of Deku's face with that stupid grin that i was greeted with every morning was breaking my heart, tearing it apart to a thousand pieces. i wanted him to come back NO! I NEEDED HIM BACK. Shitty Hair's hug was comforting and warm which gave me hope but there was nothing more that I wanted other than that nerd's annoying honey voice to call my name.

Will..will I ever hear it again? will i hear him calling me 'kacchan' again? will i?

- sam

--------

happy pride month.