V

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

-

The company moved at a slightly slower speed as they waited for the hooded women to return from the scout. Bilbo had started to complain about his allergies when he started sneezing and was given a handkerchief  by Bofur. 

"There's nothing ahead, though I found a shorter path in the direction we are heading. I advise, master dwarf that we take it" Nikoleva appeared in front of them. 

"Very well. Move on!" 

"You'll have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey's end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire, but home is now behind you; the world is ahead." Gandalf spoke to Bilbo as they moved on. 

The company travelled along the hills, through small and large forests, across vast grasslands and over grass topped mountains. Though wherever they went, a raven followed them and it was not the normal kind. No, this raven had blood-red eyes and a circlet of gold on its head. 

The group paid no mind to it as they did not notice, but Nikoleva did and she kept her hand on the hilt of one of her swords since. 

"I didn't introduce myself before. My names Kili, Kili Durin." A voice called as the brunette dwarf came next to her. He had a grin set on his face as he turned her head slightly to look at him. 

"Nikoleva" She replied before turning her attention to in front of her. 

"What? No last name?" He asked before she stiffened "Sorry... Can I ask a question, my lady?" 

"You just did" She let out a chuckle as the company entered yet another forest. 

"Well, in mister Boggins' home you said you were an executioner? I have only ever heard of one and you don't seem the type" He was slightly rude as he said this as she turned to him with a scoff. "What I mean to say is, is well. Why do you conceal your identity?" 

"There are many reasons, one is that I don't want to put a target on anyone's back" She answered and it was true. Nikoleva was heartless and driven by rage, but she felt a deep need to help the company. As she knew that if the dwarves did not reach the mountain in time, the enemy would. 

-

The company took camp on a cliff's edge as the sun began to set. There was a clear view of the valley below. Most of the dwarves began to sleep on the rocky canvas. 

Nikoleva looked out to the valley's beyond as a loud screech filled the air, causing her to tense and grip her sword. The dwarves grew quiet. 

"What was that?" Bilbo asked his eyes wide with fear.