The Reveal

Six years had passed since Ladybug and Chat Noir first saved Paris from akumas the first time. After those exhausting years, they've managed to defeat Hawk Moth. With the main goal being defeated, they were left with a question so simple to ask, yet so hard to answer: "What now?"

They didn't have to hide anymore, since now thay were free to do as they please. They've always talked about revealing themselves to each other, but never really thought that would become their reality.

The number one rule they had was that if it ever were to happen, they'd be the first to tell. Ironically, Lb broke that rule by telling her best friend. She knew she would shatter his heart by letting him know he isn't the first person to find out, but she also knew that lies would get her nowhere, and he was the last one she'd like to lie to.

With this fear of dissapointing him or making him mad, getting her to reveal herself to him was almost impossible. Well, unless you're Chat. A stubborn person like him never gives up, and she knew it, so after months of begging her to trust him, she gave in.

He promised her the world and more. He promised to love her whoever she is, as much as he could give himself. He wanted to make sure everyone knew just how much he cared for her. And eventually, she gave in.

_

The Night Of The Reveal

The highest rooftop on Paris was illuminated with candles, roses carefully sectioned on the floor, from the entrance all the way to a small private room. Of course, this was Chat's doing. He lit up the last candle with a smile that looked like it was staying there permanently, then placed himself right in the middle of the roof. One hand was holding a rose, which he was used to being rejected, yet he never gave up trying to impress her, while the other had his hand on a small box.

He nervously opened the box with his shaky hand, just to check it one more time. His eyes widened once again, realizing his idea was very risky, and although risks were his things, this was all very new to him. A ring was inside.

He knew it was riddiculous. I mean, marrying someone that you didn't even know other than their alter ego seemed unbelivable. He was ready for her to laugh in his face, tell him he's going to fast or maybe even never talk to him again. But he wasn't the kind of person that would ever hide how he feels, and neither was he going to do it now.

He quickly pressed the box back and slid it in his pocket as he heard his partner climb up to the roof to find him. She put her yoyo away with a nervous smile and creeped towards him.

"I- is this all... For me?" she mummbled to him with rosy cheeks forming under her mask.
"Oh, this is just the beggining of all the things I am going to do for you." he assured her with a grin.

She pulled him over in a long, emotional hug. He didn't hesitate a second to return it, grabbing onto her shoulders tight and burying his head in. Oh, how much he loved when she'd do that.

"I think I'm ready." she pulled away to make direct eye contact, making sure he knew she was serious. "I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like you don't mean much to me whenever I rejected your pleads to reveal myself, but I'm just sc-"

"You don't have to apologise, I know how hard that must've been for you. And trust me when I say I will always love you." she couldn't help but form a shaky grin when he said that. He was the man of her dreams, and she would have loved to realize that sooner.

"So uh.. who's gonna go first?" she fidgeted herself a bit, hoping he had the power to make things less awkward, like he'd usually do.
"How about we go at the same time? I don't want to put you in shock, neither do I want to make you nervous." he put his hand on her shoulder and shook it a little in reassurance.