2

Haerin stood in front of the vending machine, tapping her finger on her chin, trying to choose which drink to buy. finally, she decided on a Pepsi. she pressed the buttons on the panel and scanned her payment card. she bent down to collect the canned drink from the bottom of the vending machine. "i've been craving you for a while. my diet has been killing me," Haerin said softly, opening the can tab and taking a sip. unaware of her surroundings, she swiftly turned around only to bump into a bigger figure. her forehead hit the other person's chin hard, and half the can of Pepsi spilled out on both their bodies before dropping on the floor and rolling away.

"oh shit! fuck!" Haerin cursed out loud, surprised. she screeched at the sudden cold and sticky feeling against her stomach.

"oh my gosh, my bad, i'm so sorry!" the person apologised hurriedly. Haerin looked up, only to see the familiar face of the shy brunette from earlier.

Chan's eyes showed genuine concern, which Haerin noticed, so she didn't want to make a big fuss out of the situation and make him feel bad.

"oh, it's alright no worries. it can't be seen anyway," Haerin reassured, checking her shirt again. she looked at Chan again, who's face had relaxed a bit as he pursed his lips. she looked down to see that his shirt, on the other hand, had a huge ugly patch of brown, which was no where close to being invisible as he was wearing a white button up shirt. she suddenly felt a rush of guilt. after all, a perfectly fine white shirt was completely ruined because of her.

"it must be uncomfortable keeping that on. how about i lend you my zip-up? it's in my bag in the auditorium," Chan said. without waiting for a reply, he was about to turn around to fetch it, but Haerin stopped him.

"no, no! it's alright! i'll just keep this on."

"i insist. if you keep liquid in contact with your tummy like that, and stay in the cold auditorium, you might catch a cold!"

"it's really okay! anyway, i think you need it more," Haerin's face cringed as she looked down at the stain on his shirt. "and i would feel uncomfortable wearing someone's zip-up with nothing else underneath..." she continued, her words slowly trailing away towards the end.

Chan's ears were suddenly tinted red hearing what Haerin said. he then gave in to her and let out an awkward laugh.

now Chan and Haerin were just standing in front of each other, not exchanging a word. as if in sync, their eyes wondered left to right then made eye contact at the same time, straining a smile at each other. Haerin didn't know if she should walk away, Chan didn't know if he should go and buy a drink, which was the reason why he came to the vending machines in the first place.

finally, Chan spoke first, "could i at least buy you another drink? i made you spill yours before you even got to take a second sip."

"oh, there's no need! i'll just, uh, clean up in the washroom!" Haerin said and quickly waved at the Chan, then briskly walked off towards a random direction, leaving the boy there all alone.

"sheesh, that was awkward," Haerin mumbled. "hey, what? i'm usually extroverted, i would have handled that situation normally! is it because he's a rather attractive looking guy, Haerin? god damn you're such a straighty..." Haerin shook her head, clicking her tongue.

Haerin found her way to the washroom and took some tissues and started dabbing off as much Pepsi as possible. i should have let him buy me a new can! Haerin sighed.

once Haerin was done, she went back to gather with her group in the auditorium.

she saw that Chan had changed out into the zip-up he was probably talking about. she honestly thought it looked very comfortable and nearly regretted not borrowing it from him. Chan kept the zip low, revealing a bit of his chest, which Haerin noticed but immediately looked away from. she felt a twist in her stomach for a second, but lightly slapped her cheeks to snap out of it.