3

I creeped down the dangerous staircase, creaking with every step, and as I reached the bottom of the stairs I hesitated, fear suddenly catching up with me and I thought to myself ' what am I doing? Have I gone completely mad?' I considered running back up the stairs and into the warm comfort of my bed, But it was too late, I heard a small thud and when I swung around the door had closed. I ran back up the stairs tripping and grazing my knee in my desperate scramble, I gasped in pain and continued to crawl up the stairs, I shoved the door, but it would not budge. I screamed for help hoping my sister would hear, but there was no reply, hot tears poured down my face and dripped onto my chest, and a cold sweat covered my body. I kicked the door and screamed for what felt like forever, until the skin was rubbed raw on my fists and palms and my voice cracked with pain in my throat, and when I stopped I noticed a strange noise was forming behind me, slowly building into a low menacing chuckle, the kind of noise that shakes you to the core. My body froze in horror and I began rapidly shaking all over.
The last thing I felt was the tingling sensation of long tickling claws against my arms and legs and the pain as I was dragged thumping against the stairs into the dark unknown below me.