Revalations

"Mike?" The sound of the teacher's voice pulled the boy out of his day dreams as he looked from the window to the young woman at the front of the class. A few other eyes turned in his direction, but most of the students were just trying to finish the work the raven headed boy was already done with.

"Grab your stuff and come here," the teacher added as she herself finished writing something down on a few different sheets of paper. Mike furrowed his brow, was he in trouble? He glanced up at the clock as he began to pack up and saw that the bell was about to ring and they'd all be off to lunch, he really hoped that she didn't hold him over. Mike slung his back pack over his shoulder, and as he approached the teacher's desk, she picked all four papers up and rapped them against the desk so that they were in a neat pile. She then slid them into a manila folder that she picked up and held out to Mike.

"Would you do me a favor and take this to the front office? You don't have to come back," the younger woman said with a small grin. Now if she had asked Mike to do this last Monday, he would've definitely said no, being too moody to do much of anything. Now though, he just wanted to be alone and think, so he quickly took the folder and walked out of the room without saying anything. Mike was gone and down the hall quickly then, leaving the classroom with great haste.

How, he wondered, had he fought ancient beings from other dimensions, battled monsters he once thought were only in a table top role playing game, and yet the greatest trial he'd faced thus far in his life, was high school love? He swore under his breath, knowing it really wasn't that simple, Carrie was more like his situation. Though he'd never read the book, his parents — well really his mother — had been adamant about him not, he'd heard a lot about it. A bullied witch has had enough and she rips the town apart... yea, that's where Mike currently stood. The town had already been torn in four thousand pieces, now he was next.

No, Mike shook his head, that wasn't true, he didn't really believe that, he'd just been thinking too much. By then however, he'd reached the front office, and had to step back into reality. He walked into the small room, immediately to the right was a small desk that the receptionist sat at. Directly in front of the door to the office was the Principal's office, and the door in the left wall, right next to the principal's door, was the Vice Principal's office. To the left of the receptionists desk, if you looked at the front of it, was the guidance counselor's office, and then a short hallway ran to the right of that to a door that led back into the cafeteria.

The receptionist, who currently sat at the desk, was unlike the older women who had worked there years before. No, this young man, with his shoulder length blonde hair and angled face, had caused quite the stir in the female student population of Hawkins High when he took the job at the beginning of the year. "Michael," he said in a tone that didn't seem professional enough to be seen as a school administrator, more like that of a senior who had been held back one too many times.

"Hey Liam," Mike sighed lowly as he plopped the Manila folder down on the desk next to the other papers that the older boy had been sorting through. "I was told to bring these to you." Mike informed him, Liam collected the scattered papers on his desk before pulling the folder over. "Why the long face?" Liam glanced up as he spoke, "Relationship problems?" He asked with a small playful grin that made Mike give a depressed chuckle.

"You don't know the half of it... I don't know maybe it's just the earthquake." Mike deflected easily, he had become quite proficient at that over the last year. "You're telling me man, I've never seen anything like that before." Mike had spoken a lot with Liam, being in and out of the office because of his behavior, but he had never heard the older boy speak the way he just had before. His eyes were obviously somewhere else and Mike got the weird feeling he wasn't even talking about the earthquake.