𝐕

"Sam. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor, I'm James' therapist," she respectfully nods at Sam, turning to Y/n, she furrows her eyebrows, "Hmm, I don't think I'm familiar with you, though, are you and James-"

"Y/n L/n, I'm Barnes's- um, we're, uh, I was an Avenger alongside these two," she smiles at the therapist, "So nice to meet you. Thanks for getting him out, I guess."

"That was not me."

Walker walks through the door with Lemar following behind him like a puppy, "Christina. It's great to see you again."

"You gotta be kidding me. You know him?" Bucky groans in annoyance, "Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?"

"He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. Just do whatever you got to do with him, then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too, Wilson, L/n. I'll be outside."

"James, condition of your release, session now. You too, Sam and Y/n."

"That's okay. We'll be out here with..." Y/n smiles politely, but is cut off by Dr. Raynor, "That wasn't a request."

. . .

Inside an interrogation room, Y/n, Bucky, and Sam all sit on one side of the table, while Dr. Raynor sits on the other, "So... Who would like to start?"

"All right, look, Dr. Raynor? I get it, why you want to talk to Freaky Magoo and Birdman over here, but I'm 100% fine," Y/n says, trying to get up and leave, but is stopped by Sam.

"It is my job to make sure that you're okay. And so, yeah, this may be slightly unprofessional, but it's the only way that I can see if you're getting over whatever's eating at you."

"This is ridiculous."

"Yeah. I agree."

"Me too."

"See? Making progress already. So, who wants to go first?" All three of them stare at the therapist, "No volunteers? Wow. How surprising. Okay. We're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together. Are you familiar with the miracle question?"

"Absolutely not."

"Of course not."

"Yeah," Bucky and Sam turn to face Y/n, she puts her hands up in surrender, "What? Tony forced me to be his and Pepper's therapist for a while," she says with a shrug.

Dr. Raynor sighs, "Okay, it goes like this. Suppose that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs. When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?"

"In my miracle, he would... he would talk less and she would stop throwing herself into danger," Sam states pettily.

"Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn't that ironic?"

"Well, in my miracle, you would both shut the hell up for once,"

Dr. Raynor rubs the temples of her head and sighs, "You guys are leaving me with no choice. It's time for the soul-gazing exercise."

"I like this better,"

"Oh, God. He's gonna love this,"

"Yeah, I'm ready,"

"This is right up both your alleys,"

"Turn your chairs. Face each other," Y/n scoots her chair back and turns it inward to face the two men, crossing her arms over her chest, she rolls her eyes at their arguing.