Chapter four

Dani's point of view

I was currently in my dressing room getting ready to go on stage. "Are you okay?" Megan asked, walking into my dressing room. "Of course I am" I said. "Why wouldn't I be?" I smiled. "Because your boyfriend of three years is on tour with you, with a new girl" She said. "It's okay not to be okay" She added. "I'm not okay but I will be" I said. "If he's happy then I'm happy for him, even though it's killing me seeing him with someone else" I added.

"You'll find your twin flame eventually babe, and when you do, all this pain and heartbreak will be worth it" She said, pulling me into a hug. "Knock knock" I heard a familiar voice say. "Ki!" I grinned, running over and jumping on my best friend. "I missed you" I said, hugging her. "I missed you too" She laughed. "Kells flew Kiana out to surprise you" Megan said. "He felt bad that you're upset and didn't know how to cheer you up" She added.

Kiana and I have been best friends since day one, we met on the set of my first ever music video and we've been best friends ever since. "I'm so happy you're here" I smiled. Megan, Kiana and I walked over to Kells dressing room. "Thank you" I said, hugging Kells as we walked into the dressing room. "Anything for you" He said, kissing my forehead.
Kells was like an older brother to me.

I've known him my whole life because he was my brothers best friend. When my brother passed away, Kells vowed to step up and take care of me. "Jaden, five minutes to showtime" One of the stage hands said, standing in the doorway of the dressing room. "So how's tour life been so far?" Kiana asked as we sat down "Thanks Kells" I said as he passed me his blunt.

"It's been an experience to say the least" I laughed. "Yeah, I can imagine. I can't believe Rook brought his new girlfriend on tour with y'all, especially since you two only recently broke up" She said. "Where is Rook anyways?" She asked. "Him and Tiffani went to get food" Slim said. "At least we get a break from the she devil" I said. "Is she really that bad?" Kiana asked.

"You don't know the half of it" Baze said. "It's just non stop PDA with them two and then when Dani is around it's so much worse" Jaden said. "It's like she's trying to prove something" He added. "Jaden, time to go on stage" The stage hand said. Kiana, Jaden and I made our way to the stage. It was a routine now that I always make my way to the stage with Jaden to get mic'd up and ready for my set since there was only about 10 minutes between our sets.

"So what do you think of Jaden?" Kiana asked. "You two are really close" She added. "We're just friends, that's all we've ever been and all we're ever gonna be" I said. "Congratulations on the album by the way" She said, hugging me. "It's so fucking good" She added. "Thank you" I laughed. "Especially good 4 u, it makes me want to key the car of an ex I never had" She laughed.

"I'm glad you like the album, it's one of my favourite ones yet" I said. "I can see why" She said. "You worked your ass off on it" She added. "I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the album release party but I streamed it like fuck when it was released" She said. "It's fine" I laughed. "You didn't miss much, all the drama kicked off back at the hotel" I added. "Do tell" She laughed.

"There's not even much to tell, Rook heard good 4 u and obviously wasn't happy with it and just lost the plot with me" I said. "But didn't he bring skanky back to meet everyone not even two weeks after he dumped you?" She asked. "That was literally my point" I said as Jaden walked off stage. "You killed it out there" I smiled, handing him a towel and a bottle of water. "Thank you" He said, drying himself before hugging me. "Dani, be ready" Ashleigh said. "You're on next" She added.

Rooks point of view

"So this next song is an old song" Dani said. We were all sat at the side of the stage watching her perform her set. "Some of you may know it, some of you may not but it's a special song to me. I wrote this song about two and a half years ago for someone who meant the world to me. Ironically, today two years ago I also performed this song for the very first time" She said.

"I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about" She laughed. "This is When I Look At You" She added as the music began. Dani wrote this song for me for our two year anniversary. As the song went on, I couldn't help but think back to when we were together and the memories that we made. "This song is terrible. I feel bad for whoever she wrote it for" Tiffani said.

"Yeah, it's so cringe" I said, agreeing with Tiffani just to keep her quiet. "Didn't she write that song for you for your two year anniversary? And didn't you say that you loved it and it was the best present you've ever received?" Kiana said, obviously overhearing what I said to Tiffani. "This conversation doesn't concern you babe" Tiffani said. "Actually babe it does. That's my best friend you're talking about and I'm not going to sit here and let your or Rook talk shit about her, especially when she done nothing wrong to either of you" Kiana replied.

"Sorry Ki, you're right" I said. "No, you don't get to call me Ki anymore" She said. "Only my friends get to call me by my nickname" She added. "Seriously Kiana?" I said. "You're gonna start acting like a child?" I added. "Oh that is rich coming from you" She laughed. "You hurt my best friend and each day you have this little trust fund bimbo around, you're hurting her more" She said. "She still loves you Rook and I know that you know she does so why are you being like this?" She asked.

"I understand if you just lost feeling for her, shit happens but why are you bringing your new girlfriend on tour with you, why are you bringing your new girlfriend to meet your friends not even two weeks after you and Dani broke up? Put yourself in her shoes" She said. "If she was the one that dumped you and then not even two weeks later she comes home with a new boyfriend and brings him on tour, how would you feel?" She added.

As much as I hated to admit it, Kiana did have a point, if the shoe was on the other foot and I was in Dani's position I'd be crushed if she was acting the way I am. "You're right" I mumbled as Dani walked off stage. "You killed it out there like usual" Megan said, pulling her in for a hug. "You were really good out there tonight" I smiled. "Oh, uh, thanks Rook" She said as we all made our way back to Kells dressing room.

"Hey, uh, Dani" I said. "Can I talk to you? Alone please" I added. "Nah, I'm good" She said before turning to face Dom, Jaden and Kiana. "Babe what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Tiffani asked quietly. "What? I'm trying to apologise to Dani so that tour isn't awkward for everyone but she's clearly being childish so forget about it" I replied. "Kells, get ready. You're on soon" Ashleigh said. The boys and I got ready for the show and we all made our way to the stage.

"Good luck out there babe. I love you" Tiffani said, pulling me in for a kiss before I made my way to my drum set. "Damn, someone got ignored" I heard Kiana say before laughing. Don't get me wrong, Tiffani is great and all but she's not the kind of girl that you'd take home to meet your parents, I can't see us lasting much longer. "Don't be mean, Ki" I heard Dani say.