twelve

Madison's POV:

Later on in the day we decided that we would go to get ice cream. We went to a local ice cream shop and we all got an ice cream cone. Then we decided to walk along the boardwalk for a while and watch the sunset.

"So, what's going on with you and Sophia anyways?" I hear Roman ask Josh.

"We're just getting to know each other right now." Josh says.

"Have you kissed her yet?" Roman asks.

I didn't hear Josh answer the question, probably because I'm around, but he probably nodded his head. I wouldn't know because I'm walking in front of them.

While we walk a little bit longer, I stop when I see someone with another girl. Once my friends realize that I stopped they stop too.

"What is it?" Olivia asks while looking in the same direction as me.

"Oh my gosh." Sofia says.

"Maybe it's not what we think." Matt says.

"Then what would it be?" Frankie asks.

"I don't know but we shouldn't jump to conclusions." Matt says.

"Are you serious, Matt? I'm going over there to talk to him." Josh says while starting to walk towards him.

"No Josh, don't do that. I just want to go home." I say while grabbing Josh's arm and pulling him back.

"Why shouldn't I?" He asks while looking at me.

"Because I don't want you to make a scene. Can we just go home?" I say while looking into his eyes. He thinks for a minute while keeping his eyes locked to mine before answering.

"Fine. But only because you want to go home." He says.

We turn around and start walking towards the cars. We get into the cars and go back to the house, when we're back to the house I go inside and go straight up to my room. I slowly close my door change into my comfy clothes and lay down in my bed.

I lay there for a few minutes just thinking about everything. Then I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I say.

The door opens and Josh walks into my room. He closes the door and walks over to my bed and sits on the side of it.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm used to it." I say.

"You shouldn't have to get used to this, Madds." He says.

"Well I am, there's no changing that." I say.

He looks at me for a few seconds before I hear Matt calling my name downstairs. I get out of my bed and walk downstairs. Once I'm there Matt tells me there's someone at the door for me. I look towards the door and see Griffin standing there.

"Madison we need to talk." He says.

"There's nothing to talk about." I hear Josh say from behind me.

"Josh, please stop. I can handle it." I say while turning around and looking at him.

"Fine." He says before walking away.

I go outside with Griffin and close the front door behind me.

"I know you were at the boardwalk today and you saw me with a girl but you have to believe me that it was nothing." He says.

"I'm not mad at you, Griffin. We're not actually dating or anything, I guess I'm just a little hurt." I say.

"You don't need to feel hurt, that girl that you saw me with was my sister." He says.

"Your sister?" I say.

"Yes." He says.

"I didn't know you have a sister." I say.

"I do." He says.

"I believe you." I say.

"Good because there's something that I need to ask you." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Is there something going on between you and Josh?" He asks.

"Me and Josh? No! Of course not! Why would you think that?" I say.

"He just seems like he really cares for you and he's really protective of you." He says.

"He is, but we're just friends." I say.

"Okay then would you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks.

"Your girlfriend?" I say.

"Yeah." He says.

I stand there for a few seconds to think about my decision.

"Can I think about this? You kind of just asked me this out of the blue." I say.

"Yeah, I totally understand. Take as long as you need." He says.

"Thanks for being so understanding, Griffin." I say.

"No problem, just let me know." He says before kissing my cheek and walking to his car.

I don't know what I'm supposed to tell him. Would it be right for me to date a guy when I have feelings for another guy, I feel like it wouldn't. But I also don't know how Josh feels about me, so I could just be wasting my time waiting for him.

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this new chapter! Make sure to vote and leave a comment, I love reading your comments! Also be sure to follow me so you get updates on my books!