𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙰 𝙳𝙴𝙻 𝚁𝙴𝚈 - 𝙾𝙻𝙳 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙴𝚈

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒖𝒏

𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖."

MERCEDES HAD ALWAYS BEEN FOLLOWED BY SOMEONE. Marisol, her maidservant, had dedicated her entire life to her, and she had witnessed her grow up behind her back. She stood there and watched her jet black hair fall to her waist and her delicate dress sway in the breeze. For Jaime, Mercedes was the epitome of beauty—he worshipped her entire being. He kept a close eye on her every move, smile, and frown. From behind their backs, Jaime watched his cousin with envy and hatred as he walked alongside the woman he loved.

It's been two days since Mercy sent Jaime to the rusty gates of hell—two days of complete isolation from the outside world—and Thomas was growing impatient with her. He was desperate to learn the truth about that day, including who that man was and how she knew him.

The two of them left for Small Heath the very same day, and he sent a few of his men to take care of the mess in her house. Jaime Zacarias' body was buried in the outskirts of North Finchley, hours of travel away from Camden Town. Thomas also made certain that no one would dare to mention the events of that morning.

Ada Thorne and Polly Gray had tried talking with her but failed miserably, she wanted to be alone for a while. Attempting to sink every single thing inside her head, it felt unreal. Her memories of pulling the trigger and ending his life were hazy, to say the least. Mercy was torn between emotions in the aftermath of Jaime and her father's death. It was too much for her to take, but she did not feel an ounce of guilt in taking Jaime's life away—he deserved it.

Jaime died with a smile on his lips, and that's the only thing that would haunt her forever. 

She was so focused on feeding her fear and anger like a hound that she forgot to ask about her only sister, Soledad. What could possibly happen to Sol now that her father was truly gone? She needed to see her, and she needed to return to the Philippines to look after her. She learned not to trust anyone that bears the name de Silva anymore, no one from their family can be trusted—all of them were cunning and manipulative.