xv. cause' when you're 15

TW: just some strong language otherwise this is a very happy chapter(:

Valeria was peacefully sleeping until she was awoken by a flash of bright light. She squints and opens her eyes and sees Schneider and Sofia hovering over her. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Valeria. Happy birthday to you." They sing in unison and they both hug her tightly.

"Thank you." She smiles and sits up. Schneider hands her a bag and she opens it seeing a very specific theme of stuff. The bag contained sunscreen, sunglasses, and a swimsuit. "This seems like it's for something." Valeria looks up at them and they both smile.

"You and Sofia are going to San Diego with the Alvarez's. And just because I'm not going does NOT give u permission to sleep in the same bed as Alex." Schneider says. Valeria jumps up and hugs him. "Okay get ready for school." Valeria nods and gets out of bed.

Valeria walks into school with her sister and they go their separate ways. Valeria opens her locker and puts the books she took home in there she was about to start putting her stuff for first period in her backpack but a pair of hands grab her sides and picks her up. The person turns her around and she sees Hugo in front of her she looks behind her and notices that Alex is the person picking her up. She squirms and they start singing happy birthday in Spanish.

"Feliz cumpleaños a ti. Feliz cumpleaños a ti. Feliz cumpleaños querida Valeria. Feliz cumpleaños a ti."Alex and Hugo chant. Alex puts her down and she goes to hug Hugo and he pulls something out from behind him. She looks down and sees a tiara.

"That's very pretty but no." Valeria says knowing he'll want her to wear it the whole day.

"Yes!" Hugo chuckled and puts it on her head. Alex grabs her by the waist and spins her around to face him. He smiles down at her and Valeria goes slightly on her tippy toes to hug him. He pulls away to lean down to kiss her.

"Happy birthday, princesa." Alex smiles while looking at the tiara in her head. "You excited for San Diego?" Alex asks and she nods smiling at him. Alex quickly scans the hallway before kissing her again.

"Hey, we exist." Finn says leaning on the locker next to them. They pull away and look to the side, seeing their friends staring at them.

"Happy birthday!" They all shout and hug her. "You're opening our presents at lunch." Celeste informs her.

"I told you guys NOT to get me anything." Valeria scolds them.

"It's funny how you thought we would listen." Finn chuckles. The group walks to class but Alex stays with Valeria since they had the same class.