Confessions

"Eda why are we here tonight? I thought we were supposed to gather here tomorrow morning" Ceren asked Eda who was busy petting Sirius, her son, the only one in the room full of people who could sense the sorrow behind her ever smiling face.

"Evet dadam, you rushed from office too, everything is fine right?" Melo asked worriedly.

"Ben iyim Melo, merak etme. I just thought we all could spend some time together before the big day. It's my wedding after all." Eda said while scratching her fingers gently through Sirius's ears.

Melo, Deniz and Ceren who sat far on the sofa at the corner of the lounge passed confused looks to each other. It was odd to see Eda so calm when they had been the witness of her nervousness the whole day.

Sensing the tensed air Eda rose up from her place. "I'm fine really. I'm just trying to diffuse the tension."

"Eda is right! We have done everything we can, it's upto Serkan now." Deniz said coolly. Ceren scoffed at his remark.

"Isn't?" said Eda "So that is why I got us something..." She made her way to the end of the dining table to pull out a sleek rectangular box that she had kept discreetly on one of the chairs when she came back home.

"Champagne?" Ceren noticed.

"Evet!"

"Eda..." Melo said sympathetically, clearly reading dread written on her face.

"Melo maybe I need this today. And I'm not doing this alone, join me! Let's do it like the earlier days"

"The game?" Deniz asked in confusion.

"Yes! And I have done all the arrangements, see!" Eda pulled out a fish bowl with handmade chits, which was kept along with the champagne box.

It was a game of confessions. The bottle would spin and the person it would choose will have to draw out a chit from the bowl and answer the question enclosed. Fun, simple and if needed – a purposeful game.

Eda could see the sympathetic looks which were thrown across in her face by Melo and Ceren, but she needed this, more than ever.

"Come on guys! Help me before my mind explodes of all the emotions!" Eda said, motivating the rest of the gang into a quick action. In a swift movement, Ceren, Melo and Deniz rose from their places and sat on the cushions that Eda had arranged on the floor. The champagne was served and the game began.

"Let's see who the first victim becomes" Eda stretched her hands, eyed everyone sheepishly and spun the bottle. "Melo!"

"How come it always starts with me yaa?" Melo sighed.

"Because the party begins with you canim. Hadi draw out your fate!" Ceren squealed.

Melo picked out a chit. It read –

What's something in the web browsing history that you'd be embarrassed if someone saw?

Melo gave a sharp stare in Eda's direction. "Kötüsün dadam" It drew out imminent laughter from Ceren and Deniz.

"Hadi Melo answer" Eda said slyly.

"Of course it's what you all are thinking, do I have to say it out loud now? The recent one was very sexy though, you know what they did? They locked..."

Ceren threw a pillow in Melo's direction. "Uff shut up Melo, nobody asked for the details!" Meanwhile Deniz covered his eyes with his hands in denial.

"How come she's able to talk about it with such confidence when it embarrasses her I don't understand..." Ceren murmur talked to Eda's direction but before she could register...