TEN

REAL LIFE

Today was the day Timothée and Lola would see each other in person for the first time, despite the fact they lived in the same city and spoke everyday.

They were both nervous wrecks. Timothée had asked his best friend Saoirse to help him prep for meeting Lola. They had spent the past couple of hours deciding what he would wear, and after a few too many (but very necessary) pep talks from Saoirse, Timothée was finally ready.

Lola on the other hand, was far from prepared. She had tried on at least twenty outfits but nothing seemed to look the way she wanted it too. Larry was over at her place helping her out.

Lola wanted to cry. She was meeting the boy she had been talking to for the past few months and had no idea what to wear. What if he didn't like her once he saw her? What if he pretended he didn't know her and fled the second he set eyes on her?

She voiced these thoughts while rummaging through her closet, as her best friend did the same. Larry told her to stop talking nonsense and pulled out a blue floral print mini dress. Casual but cute. Perfect for a coffee/movie meeting.

Lola quickly got changed, did her hair and makeup. It was already 4:42 and it took her ten minutes to get to the coffee shop they would be meeting at.

Giving Larry a quick kiss on the cheek goodbye, she set out to the shop, deciding to walk, just as only a few minutes away, Timothée was doing the same.

~~~~

Timothée arrived before Lola, so he sat at a little corner table outside the shop to wait for her. A few minutes passed, and he felt his heart stop as he saw a familiar face walking through the busy sidewalk in the direction he was in.

He instantly stood up as she had yet to notice him and walked towards her. Her eyes finally shifted to him and she felt her cheeks heat up as those same butterflies that always appeared when he smiled at her through her phone screen, fluttered around her stomach.

"Hi" she spoke softly, suddenly shy as it clicked that he was really in front of her.

He grinned and wrapped his arms around her lifting her up a bit as she in return wrapped her arms around his neck and laughed.

He set her down as he noticed people starting to look their way and didn't want to attract unnecessary attention.

"Hi, sorry i'm just so happy to see you." He rubbed his hand behind his neck and grinned sheepishly.

"It's fine, i'm super happy to see you too." She admitted, her cheeks never losing that rosy tint they had gotten since she arrived.

Timothée led her to the register so they could order, all while they playfully fought over who would pay. In the end, Timothée won and payed for both if their orders which left Lola a grumbling mess.

They sat down at the same little corner table Timothée has previously sat at when waiting for her. Everything was going great. They were talking like they usually did over facetime or text, but now in person.

What they were unaware of, was that paparazzi had somehow found Timothée's whereabouts and were about to spoil their evening.

An hour later, they had finished their coffees and were getting ready to head to the movie theatre. As they headed out the gate of the little patio area at the shop, paparazzi rounded the corner and started asking Timothée all sorts of questions.

Timothée being the kind person he is, answered politely but quickly, as he was bothered by the fact they were interfering in his outing with Lola.

He stopped to take pictures with a few fans, some of which also recognized Lola and took pictures with her as well.

Timothée sighed as he finally was able to get rid of the paparazzi and apologized multiple times to Lola.

"Hey, its okay. It's not like you asked them to follow you around. Don't worry about it." She smiled and linked her arm through his trying to brighten his mood.

All the commotion has caused them to miss the movie, so Timothée was bummed out since he hadn't planned anything else.

Lola told him it was fine and they could go see a movie the next time they hung out, and invited him for dinner at her place. When she said those words, Timothée's smile reappeared and he instantly agreed.

So, once they got home, Lola cooked the chicken while Timothée made the pasta.

They had dinner, drank a bit, has many laughs, and before they knew it, the stars were shining brightly in the night sky and it was too late for Timothée to walk back home, so he stayed the night.

Nothing happened that night, if that's what you're thinking. But somehow, they had found themselves cuddling, limbs intertwined and hugging each other for warmth, as they drifted off to a blissful sleep.

Their night hadn't gone as Timothée had originally planned, but it had taken a turn for the better.

✧ 𖥸 ✧

INSTAGRAM STORIES

lolasaav                                           4 hrs ago

2,139,865 views
3,072 people replied to this story!

~~

tchalamet                                       3 hrs ago

4,023,651 views
5,322 people replied to this story!

✧ 𖥸 ✧

(a/n) hehe

i kind of summarized their evening together just bc this is more of a sm book than irl, so sorry if it seems rushed lol

thanks for reading <3