Ooo shiny

So Toast told me that octopus collect shiny things to make 'gardens'

kinda short but still cute

@Br0ken_T0ast :]

Sub's POV

I brushed my hand through the sand and looked around. I held two plastic bags I found in one hand. One of the bags had a few

After looking around a bit, something buried in the sand caught my eye. The sun hit it perfectly, making it shine in the water. I swam up to it to look it over.

I pulled it out of the sand and noticed it was a silver necklace. There was a moon outline hanging from it. I put it in a bag and continued my search.

Every now and then I find garbage. I put it in the other bag to get rid of later. Since humans like to throw their trash in the ocean, we like to throw it back onto the land.

-

Soon, I began swimming back to the shipwreck. I took the trash bag, knotted it, and put it in a large chest with the other trash bags. On Fridays, we throw it back onto the land.

I took the other bag and swam down to the others. Denis and Elijah were relaxing by some coral. I assumed Alex was off somewhere either exploring or getting air.

Denis was attempting to teach Elijah 'Rock, seaweed, shell' which the humans refer to as 'Rock, paper, scissors.

Denis would move Elijah's hand to the position then tell him what it meant. I watched them play for a bit before going through the bag. It caught Denis's attention and the two stopped playing.

"Ooo! What'd you find this time?" Denis asked. Elijah looked at him confused.

"Denis? Who are you talking to?" He said. I reached a tentacle out and tapped him slightly. That's our way of telling him who's around. I tap him with a tentacle, Denis clinks shells from his necklace together, and Alex hugs him most of the time.

"I found 2 bracelets, a ring, and this cool necklace!" I explained taking each object out for Denis to look at them. I handed Elijah a few and he felt them for a few seconds.

"Oh! Is this one a 'flower'?" Elijah asked. He held out a bracelet.

"Close! It's a Sun," I said. "It's ok. They're similar...kinda." Elijah nodded. I gathered the items again and went below the shipwreck. Since the ship is hanging off of a huge rock, the underneath is shady and protected.

There were rows of different things. Sunglasses, bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings. Name something and I have it!

I took the items out of the bag and put them into their organized rows. The area is outlined by small rocks.

Elijah finds his way around by touching things and he asked me to put something around the collection so he doesn't ruin it.

I went back over to Denis and Elijah. Denis was tracing patterns on Elijah's hand. It looked like a sun and flowers.

"I think I know the difference now!" Elijah cheered. Denis smiled and turned to me, lightly pulling Elijah over.

"Alex went off to get dinner for tonight," Denis explained. "He was going to bring us too but didn't want you to get scared if we were all gone."

I laughed a bit and we went back to the shipwreck to wait for Alex.